Arlington or Maryland experience

Here is some information that may help....

http://travel.state.gov/agencies_list.html --> If you are in urgent need to get a passport, you can make an appointment with the passport agency available in your area (and probably get it within a few hours). You may need to provide proof that you need to travel....

You can pay the third party passport agencies to get it expedited if you do not have the time to do it yourself....

or look at this website... http://travel.state.gov/passport_services.html

Fitness :D

Get your passport, School Leaving Certificates, Transcripts from Universities. As long
as your name is the same in them, u are good to go..

cool

thanks for this great information and especially the 'specific' links to those webpages.

but, i would like to discuss that if i need expedited service, there is no need to apply in person because it will still take 2 weeks (the same time even i mail them all the documents and request expedited service with some more charge)

2 weeks is absolutely not bad but what information i have gleaned from this state dept. webpage is that even if you apply in person it wil still take 2 weeks...so why bother driving there if you don't get it in less than 2 weeks... mail them the application...

any thoughts on this....

thanks again...:)

bulbul-dude,

My friends wife had interview on Feb 28 2004.
The details

Priority Date: August 2003
Finger prints + History test: October 2003
Interview: Feb 26 2004 9:30 AM
Oath: Feb 26 2004 2:00 PM

INS center Baltimore, MD

Re: cool

Originally posted by bulbul-dude

2 weeks is absolutely not bad but what information i have gleaned from this state dept. webpage is that even if you apply in person it wil still take 2 weeks...so why bother driving there if you don't get it in less than 2 weeks... mail them the application...

any thoughts on this....

thanks again...:)

Bulbul - I believe the passport agencies accept people by appointment, and should give you a passport within a few hours while you wait in the lobby. However this is limited to people travelling out of the country within less than 2 weeks.

Interview notice received for Baltimore

Updated info for Baltimore, MD timeline:
Date N-400 Sent: October 20, 2003
Date N-400 received by VSC: October 21, 2003
Priority Date: October 21, 2003
FP Notification Date: Nov 19, 2003
FP Date: Dec 17, 2003
Interview date: April 15, 2004

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

6 months is all the difference between priority date and interview date in a place like Baltimore? Amazing!

All the best

?

I have a good news for myself that I am in love with USCIS Baltimore office.
I guess anybody will, with any ISCIS centre, that processes N-400 in less than 6 months. Don't you guys agree?

I consider myself lucky that I am filing N-400 in Baltimore office in the very near future. I will keep all netizens posted about the developments as they take place for knowledgeable discourse of all concerned.

:)