arlington office odissey

stupe72

Registered Users (C)
this is my story
applied for AOS in louisville, ky april 2001
transferred to VA (arlington office ) january 2002
interview 12/04/2002
still today 09/17/2003 I haven't received notice of approval..

Unbelievable Pain

This is unbelievable pain. Wish you good luck for your approval in this month.

Edison, this case may be added in the testimonies to the petition.

stupe72,

Sorry to hear your story. Your case is worse than mine, waiting 8-9 months after the interview. I'm waiting almost 12 months for the interview letter whereas peoples getting it in 3-6 months. Arlington is probably the worst local office, no system for file management. It's all our luck. BTW, did you visit Arlington office recently or request help from the Senators?

fikabir

I asked the senator's office for help. Actully at the end of july 2003 the senator's office called me telling me I was appoved but still I haven't received an approval notice.

stupe72,

Then visit Arlington office. If they can find your case has been approved they can stamp your passport without approval notice. Just take your passport, old EADs and APs and visit them.

fikabir

I think I should. They only thing is that i work and they are talking about being there before 7:30 am ( better if EARLY EARLY 'cos there's always a long line..) and I cannot keep losing days of work..it's a mess..

Arlington stamping experience

stupe72,

This is my stamping experience at arlington.

* I joined the queue at 7:30 am
* There were about 65-70 people ahead of me.
* Reached Room 210 at 8:05 am
* Stood in the queue to get token till 8:55
* We were called and an officer took courtesy approval notice and
requested passport, I-94, EADs, APs and pictures.
* He put the EADs and pictures in an envelope and returned gave
the documents and gave us a token
* IIO called us at 9:00 and stamping was completed at 9:05. No
questions asked. Didnt even ask for our driver's license.

Hope this helps.
PS: Fast tokens are given for GC stamping.

Was able to park below the BCIS office itself for $5. But we cant exit and enter parking lot using the same ticket.

Last edited by a moderator:
thqt's great but they ask you for an approval notice that I still dont' have...
when was your interview date? was you and AOS case??

Well, my case was not transferred and mine is a AOS case/EB2.

But i strongly feel that if you go there, you should be able to get a positive response considering the fact that so much time has elapsed. The first officer was quite courteous but the IIO didnt utter a single word except saying 'That's it!' finally.

Try to go on a tuesday/wed/thursday. Monday's are supposed to be bad at Arlington.

Did you try talking to 2nd tier IIO folks?

Good Luck!

I'm so frustrated! well I feel that If I go there in person they are probably giving priority to the people who have an approval notice ; the lady at the senator's office sent an inquiry last week and she told me yesterday she should know something by next week..I guess they HAVE to respond to senators!! :)
well I'm going to give it another week, if not I'll go there in person, but I'm not too confident about the outcome..
thank you so much for sharing your experience and I'll definetly not go on a monday!!!

stupe72,
You posted your experience some time back in the Family Forum too.. I understand your pain and Arligton office is a huge problem, but I also think if this GC is so important to you and you have been waiting after the approval a long long time, then why dont you make a trip to Arlington Office..

All of us work some where or another. But I am sure you can take couple of hours off. If the GC is that important, then visit Arlington. I know my friend in Newark had the same problem for his father. and when he went there 2 months after the interview, even though he hadnt received any notification about securiity clearance, the officer told him its done and stamped his fathers passport...

goodluck

I received my approval notice but it does not mention to bring pictures :confused:
my case is I-485 by marriage ( my husband is a us citizen born here )..
anybody???

thanks;)

I contacted senator's allen office. They were extremely helpful, the only thing is that they fax me copy of approval letter but BCIS hasn't sent me the oroginal yet..can I use the faxed copy to get my passport stamped??? ( the faxed approval letter is dated 10/02/03 )

I assume you can since the information should
be in computer. and information officers on the
second floor have access to the computer. they
can type in your A-number and verify it immediately.

I did bring my fax of approval letter to the office but they told me it wasn't good enough and didn't want to stamp my passport.
After several minutes of "arguing" they sent me to the officer who interviewed me back in dec 2002; she was very nice and stamped my passport on nov 4 2003.
Last friday I received a letter from INS saying I will be receiving my plastic card within 3 weeks...not bad after all!!!