Are you ready for filing I-485 ??

zbd

Registered Users (C)
We all waiting for good news to file 485. I just asked my attorney to get ready and gather all documentation. He didn't give me any detail but he sent me a letter and asking for a worth for 485 filing fee, EAD, AP and finger print for me and my wife. I'm really shocked.
We already paid before retrogression for Filing Jointly but after retrogression, we decide to file 140 first. There souldn't be any difference I guess.

Can she charge double price to file 485 for me and for my wife ? Shouln't be one fileing at the same time for all family ?

I think I can file EAD and AP my self and don't have to pay that much money.

Also, with along this tread, we can discuss what we need to file I-485 ?
(I heard that we also have to collect everthing including even speeding ticket)

Do you guys have any idea ? Any experience welcome.

Here is the detail:
Legal Fee:$1500
2nd family member:$1500

expenses:
USCIS filing fee: $225
I-765:$180
I-131:$170
Finger print:$70
Expres mail:$37

Do ou think we can handle this ourself istead of giving $$$ to this blood sucker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isnt much compared to what we paid!!!

My husband had to pay $800 for filing EAD (includes ead application fees) - because his employer wasnt paying for EAD as he was on H1. And then when he quit his job, he had to pay her $1,500 to retain her as attorney!!!!. When he quit our applications were transferred to local office..so there wasnt anything she had to do (excepting for accompanying us to the interview)!!!. And when the interview letter came she said there wasnt much she could do at the interview so she wasnt going to accompany us...if we insist she'll come...we did insist...(thought for that 1500 let her work atleas a bit). ANyways she wasnt of ANY USE at the interview excepting for baby-sitting our 18 month old (who is very naughty and trying to empty that officer's file cabinet during the interview...the officer was so focused on the interview she didnt even turn to see what my daughetr was doing!!! luckily the lawyer was there to distract my daughter!!) My husband filed 3 EADs during the whole greencard process but paid the attorney only once and then the online application came and we applied by ourselves its is easy you dont need an attorney to fill out the online form for EAD and AP.

I personally did it all by myself... but we need to waite and see how it will come out... AP and EAD for sure u can do urself...... I will be happy to help u with anything if ur case was similar to mine (or at least straight forward)....... I will update u if I get any good news... I filled my I-485 for me and family on Nov 14...My CASE is Eb2 and I'm currently working for the same employer that filled for me so I should be fine without an interview at a local office....

Hi Annoosa,
Am I correct, did you file 485 on november 14th------------, your dates are mentioning so. Please educate me. I also filed I-140 under EB2 in middle of October, no information from Vermont center so far.
thanks

yes I filled both I-140 and I-485 on nov 14... but with no lawyer help.. so ill keep my fingures crossed!!!

I-140 EAC Number

Hi Vattam,

Did you get your EAC number for I-140 petition filed in October at VSC??

Regards,
Vishwams

Eac #

I do not know any thing, I have to get in touch with my attorney

Documents required

annoosa said:
I personally did it all by myself... but we need to waite and see how it will come out... AP and EAD for sure u can do urself...... I will be happy to help u with anything if ur case was similar to mine (or at least straight forward)....... I will update u if I get any good news... I filled my I-485 for me and family on Nov 14...My CASE is Eb2 and I'm currently working for the same employer that filled for me so I should be fine without an interview at a local office....

Hi annoosa,

Could you please list out the documents required for filing 485, EAD and AP. Or give the link to any official web site giving these details?

Thanks