Are you a "Primary -> got RFE -> Approved -> & Derivetive still waiting for approval"

dashDurai

Registered Users (C)
Guys :

Please list your experience here if you are a primary applicant and got RFE and approved but your wife case is still pending

Loot at my detail for more details.. i am located in DC area.. and planning to move CA in couple of month..

because my wife case is still not approved, i am worried about moving..

please list down your experience..

I am in the same boat

But my wife did not get FP2 with me.
She got FP2 end of December, so as a general trend, I have to wait for at least two months.

Waiting for spouse 485 approval

I got mine approved 12/28/04 and stamped 01/07/05. Wife got medical rfe. Rfe response received by Uscis on 1/10/05 and then 3 LUD changes 1/11/05, 1/12/05 and 1/13/05. Does it mean its approved?

After those LUD changes nothing so far. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
believe_in_self & tunnish::

Thanks for the reply..

in my case .. myself and my application were applied together

got FP same day.. all done on same day..

but something bad happend somewhere..

i read in other forum saying.. once RFE comes for Primary.. the officer.. splits the derivative application from the primary..

:confused:

Dash,

Mine is conurrent too. Finger printed on the same date. No RFE for me. Medical RFE for spouse since she was preg at that time.

same here

tunnish,
we have the same pattern going on,
mine was approved on 12/3 and did stamping on 12/21.
my wife got an RFE for medical (since she was preg last year) and it was recieved on 1/10/05, and 3 LUDs on 1/11, 1/12, 1/13, same message though.
Hopefully approval is one on the way for both our spouses. please post anymore LUDs from your side.

Lets see how it goes

Lexr,

Nice to hear that your spouse has the same rfe, rfe receipt date and the same LUD's. I wonder if they are with the same officer. Hope both applications are approved.

Is your service center VSC?

Regarding your own case, did you get your card yet. I got stamped on 01/07/05 and no LUD changes or status change after that. Are you experiencing the same in your case? Just curious.

I will keep posting here if and when I hear something.

Tunnish

I'm in the same situation.Mine was approved on 1/20/2005,kids receipt number missing in system.Wife message still the same.processing resume...........bla........bla................
Any input?
Can anybody tell me the procedure after receive approval letter?
Pls share your experience.

tunnish,

yup, we are at VSC.
I did my stamping on 12/21, there were 2 LUDs after that, on 12/29 & 12/30, but same msg saying "this petition was approved on 12/3,, yadayadayada,,,, I did my stamping at CheryHill, there seems to be a pattern at Cherry Hill stamping experiences from the dec. stamping cases. I'm hoping for "Card-Ordered-update" any time now,, will keep you posted..

infopass

sinyoke,
congrats on your approval....
you need to get yourself an appointment for your passport stamping, here's the infopass site; http://infopass.uscis.gov/
the site is usually bogged down during the day time, try during night times, and you should be able to get thru. Most likely you'll get an appointment 2 weeks from the time you register at infopass, hopefully by then you should get your approval notice. Your approval notice will have all info needed as to what you need to take during the stamping and stuff, you'll need 2 passport pictures, all your EADs, APs, I-94 etc.

lexr,

After my I-551 stamping, there are no LUD changes. The immigration officer who did my stamping was a dull candidate ;) . I had a feeling that he was not interested in his job by looking at him and his body language. Wonder if he had forwarded my papers or do something needed after my I-551 stamping.

Thanks for the update
tunnish..

My wife is approved

Hi All,

The sickest journey of my life has come to an end. :cool:

My wife's 485 is approved today :D . Her medical rfe was received on 01/10 and three lud changes on 11,12 and 13th and today the 25th she got the approval.

Good luck to Dash, Lexr and all the other guys out there. I sincerely hope you will get your spouse's approval soon. :)

Thanks to all for posting on this site.

tunnish

Congrats

tunnish,
Nice job,,, good luck, and enjoy the freedom..
hopefully we'll get our good news soon..
lexr/

any LUDs

dash,
Can you please post the LUDs for your wife's application. You can see my wife's from a few replies above.
thanks, lexr.

your prediction is dead-on for us:

yes, my wife just got her approval email, she's off the hook now..... good luck to you guys; approvals should be right around the corner for you guys...