Are/Were you waiting for approval after interview?

Pappu Pager

Registered Users (C)
If you were interviewed in a local office and were not approved at that time can you please make an entry here. If you were told that name check is pending please let us know how many days it took for the approval. If you are not approved yet, please make an entry for that too.

Information that would help :

Date of interview
Which office
Reason given for not approving
Current Status : Approved or still waiting
Date of approval

Pappu Pager said:
Date of interview : 8/18/04
Which office: SJ
Reason given for not approving: missing TD shot
Current Status : Approved after submitting TD
Date of approval: 8/27

Interviewed on 5th oct.
officer wanted some more docs. Gave them to him in the evening. said he would runa back ground check, not sure if he tried it already that day.
I asked him to stamp atleast mine and my sons Passport as my wife needed to be refingerprinted.
anyways My wife got refingerprinted the next day.
No news so far.

As I said , No stamps on either one of them
My officer didnt say antyhign . First he told me Once you give me the documents I will send you a letter.
Then ( all this during the interview) he told me actually mumbled something about a Back ground check.
I didnt pursue it any further.
Then when I went back in the evening ( late late afternoon) , I explicitly asked him...." Are you going to Stamp My Passports".
he told me NO I have to do the Back ground check.
At this point I asked Him again ( pleadingly) Please cant you do it now.
he told me he would do it tommorw as EAST coast is 3 hrs ahead so no point.
He also suggested I get my wifes FP done as soon as possible.
We got them done the next day and I mailed him the Copy of the test the following day.
Since then I have not heard anything from USCIS.
I dont know if it would help contacting the FBI as if the name check is Pending IT IS PENDING...there is nuthing I or anybody else can do about it.
Sometimes I think though wishfully and foolishly that one of these days when I open my mailbox we would have our cards in the mail as the officer had taken my new pictures and FPs etc.
Expecting such miracles from USCIS..nah!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :D

no news

my husband and i were intervied in los angeles on oct 13, 2004. officer said everyhing seems ok with my papers but he cannot stamp me because my name check came out as error (or something) he said that he will just mail it. i asked my lawyer what will i receive in the mail he said my approval. since i am the primary applicant, my husband's passport was not stamped too. my lawyer asked the officer how soon can he follow up officer said 4-6 weeks.

Inquiry At La Office

HI ALL.

JUST WONDERING WHO GOT APPROVED ON THIS THREAD. I WENT TO LA OFFICE TODAY TO INQUIRE ON MY CASE. I TALKED TO IMMIGRATION OFFICER AND HE TOLD ME THAT IT TAKES 180 DAYS (6 MONTHS) FOR THE ADJUDICATING OFFICER TO MAKE A DECISION. :mad: COULD YOU GUYS BELIEVE THAT? ITS BEEN 2 MONTHS SINCE MY INTERVIEW SO 4 MORE MONTHS TO GO... I HOPE...

My case is NIW and the I485 interview was Nov. 30, 2004 in San Diego. However, I didn't get the stamp on my passport because CIA check is pending, which is called "IP hold".

The officer was nice and the whole process was smooth and quick. The officer asked for my evl because I moved after I-140 approval, which is also the reason that triggered interview. She also asked several Yes/no questions from the I-485 application form. But when she looked at the security check, my FBI check was cleared while CIA check is still pending. So she told me my case will be transfered to the clerk who will check the letter from CIA every other day. As soon as they receive the report from CIA they will inform me to get passport stamped. The officer gave me a printed note which explains the background check and asked me to follow up after 90 days. So I guess my case is pretty much cleared except the background check. So far have not received any thing yet and no update in the website.

utsapeng said:
My case is NIW and the I485 interview was Nov. 30, 2004 in San Diego. However, I didn't get the stamp on my passport because CIA check is pending, which is called "IP hold".

The officer was nice and the whole process was smooth and quick. The officer asked for my evl because I moved after I-140 approval, which is also the reason that triggered interview. She also asked several Yes/no questions from the I-485 application form. But when she looked at the security check, my FBI check was cleared while CIA check is still pending. So she told me my case will be transfered to the clerk who will check the letter from CIA every other day. As soon as they receive the report from CIA they will inform me to get passport stamped. The officer gave me a printed note which explains the background check and asked me to follow up after 90 days. So I guess my case is pretty much cleared except the background check. So far have not received any thing yet and no update in the website.

What are the details i.e., since when is your 485 pending ? Thanks

Online Message does Not Change after the Interview In Sanjose

Date of interview :14-DEC-04 (both My Wife and Me )
Which office :Sanjose
Reason given for not approving :Name Check
Current Status :still waiting
Date of approval :still waiting

The Online Message does Not Change after the Interview in Sanjose.

Its is the same as schedule to Conduct an interview at Sanjose even after interview.

WAC-04-169-5xxxx
EB2
RD 05-26-04
Fingerprint 07-27-04
08-09-04 case transferred to local office in San Diego (reason: I140 was filed and approved in Texas service center) (the San Diego local office received my files early Oct. 2004)
Interviewed (not stamped) 11-30-04

Last edited by a moderator:
approved at last!

Hi All,

I told you guys that I went to L.A. INS office on 12/21/04 and was told that officer will make a decision 180 days after the interview. Guess what? The same day I went I got a note from my lawyer informing me that he followed up the case (letter dated 12/17/04), then yesterday 12/22/04, I got an approval notice from INS saying that my application has been approved. The stamp on my papers says that it was approved on 12/7/04 but it was not mailed to me until 12/21/04. MY advise to all of you guys is to go to your local INS office 4-6 weeks after you were interviewed. I emailed FBI twice no answer. My info on the USCIS online system did not change but who cares. Merry Christmas everyone :) :) :)

Same Message AFTER the Interview ?

Congratulation !!!!!

Questions

"Same Message AFTER the Interview" ?

On October 25, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in Sanjose, CA for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months.....

All of you are getting the same type of message (ABOVE) after the interview?

485local said:
Congratulation !!!!!

Questions

"Same Message AFTER the Interview" ?

On October 25, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in Sanjose, CA for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months.....

All of you are getting the same type of message (ABOVE) after the interview?

Thanks.

Online don't update after interview. Even after I got my approval it did not change.

I 485 Approval Notice Came today

I 485 Approval Notice Came today
JAN/28/05 received approval notice with jan/26/05 approval stamp

Thanks For your Support.

Oct 27th interview

Me and my wife had interview at Minneapolis INS office on oct 27th. The officer told me that my name check is still pending.

I am still waiting... One question, where should file for my EAd and AP renewal? At my local office or NSC?

I485 RD 06/03