Are we in deep trouble?

javacup

Hi, just turned 20, eager to start life. Make a long story short mother (US citizen) met Canadian and fell in love, got married. Stupid me decided to quit job and tag along hoping for the best. Relationship on the rocks, and 6-month visitors visa expires end of march, so we could be having to head home any time/day now. Mom's obviously been out of work throughout her stay in Canada and there's no money left. Her husband is up and down on the issue of lending some money to help us return home. We entered Canada by driving. Car's registration has expired and the town it was registered in does not support re-registering by mail or online.

Will there be any problems crossing the US border and heading straight to the town in Maine where the car was registered to fix the problem? Or ar we looking at a situation where we'll have to say goodbye to our only car and have an Embassy Issue getting home? :(

Please advise, thanks very much in advance.

As U.S. citizens you can't be kept out of the U.S. The CBP Officers are not traffic cops, they don't give a darn about your car registration. Too bad that things did not work out with the marriage but, that was a foolish thing to do in the first place. Canada has immigration processes for spouses of their citizens too. YOU might not have been included as a stepchild if you were too old when they married but you'd have to check with a Canadian immigration lawyer about that.

As U.S. citizens you can't be kept out of the U.S. The CBP Officers are not traffic cops, they don't give a darn about your car registration. Too bad that things did not work out with the marriage but, that was a foolish thing to do in the first place. Canada has immigration processes for spouses of their citizens too. YOU might not have been included as a stepchild if you were too old when they married but you'd have to check with a Canadian immigration lawyer about that.

Thanks for the info :) (assuming we don't get pulled over along the way to maine i guess), we can sleep a little better at night knowing the worst to look forward to is gonna be our friends back home wagging some fingers. Although after all this I wouldn't blame them for being angry. I should also be thankful I have a VERY understanding boss. :p lol anyway thanks again, have a good one!