Are we exempt from EAD/AP fee?

StillAlive

Registered Users (C)
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/FSmethod.pdf

REDUCTION IN WEIGHTED AVERAGE
The increase in actual costs to applicants and petitioners will be only 66 percent, however, because applicants for adjustment of status will no longer be required to pay a fee to apply for interim benefits.

Currently, the I-485 fee is $325. The I-485 customer will also file an average of two Applications for Employment Authorization (I-765) and nearly half will file at least one Application for Travel Document (I-131), while an additional 20 percent of applicants will file a second. These additional ‘interim benefits’ applications allow applicants to work or travel while their status application is pending. The combined fee that applicants currently pay is approximately $800. The proposed fee structure will eliminate the need for applicants to have to pay these subsequent fees that result from processing delays. USCIS is proposing a $905 fee for the I-485 form. When considering the interim benefit fees paid by applicants, the increase for the I-485 is $105 instead of $580; therefore, the overall weighted average is reduced to 66 percent because adjustment of status applicants will pay approximately the same fee that is currently assessed when taking into account those associated ‘interim benefits’ that are paid over a multi-year time period.

PROPOSED REDUCTIONS AND EXEMPTIONS
• USCIS will eliminate certain interim benefit fees for applicants who apply for adjustment of status to permanent residence.
• Proposal to exempt applicants