Are they still processing I140 and I485 concurrently at VSC

eaglejoeli

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I submited I140 and I485 at the same time in July 2003, the I140 has been approved 06/02/05. I haven't yet received I485 approval. Are they processing I485 concurrently?

It seems not ...

Based on the posts I have seen here and my own case (July '04 -> I-140 AD in June 3, '05). I-485's seem to be lagging.

S

that's really ridiculous. Because of their delay, I had to spend an extra $300 for two EADs, and extra money for APs.

is that all?

eaglejoeli said:
that's really ridiculous. Because of their delay, I had to spend an extra $300 for two EADs, and extra money for APs.

Is that the only thing ridiculous about CIS and its dealings? There are a slew of things!! I believe getting past 140 might be a big relief in itself! Paying lawyers for filing RFE is more expensive than $300. I guess everyone have their own issues!!! Sorry. Just had to type this.

Well, I didn't count the FRE fee, which is $500 plus 2 months of hard labor. The true economic cost of this whole deal (taking into account all the time and money spent) is way beyond $10,000.

Last edited by a moderator:
When did you get the FP notice, before I140 approval or after I140 approval? I filled I140/I485 concurrently on the same day(4/20/2005). I got my I140 approval yesterday (6/21/2005). But I haven't heard anything about FP yet.
BostonNIW said:
My 485 was approved about 10 days after my I140 at VSC in April 05.

Same here

HI Eaglejoeli,

Filed my case same time as yours, no I485 approval yet. Stuck at name check, what about you?

I-485 time

I just got my NIW I-140 approved, ~3 weeks after I sent in my response to RFE. I wonder if this I-140 RFE will delay my I-485. btw, my I-485 RD was 8/12/04, which is exactly the I-485 processing date updated today in USCIS website.

I appreciate it if you could share experience and opinions.

Hi Anxious OR

I never heard of "name check" before and don't know what that is. I thought they check all your info when they clear you finger prints. I thought one could get a green card much faster through EB1 and NIW by skipping the LC. Didn't realized that my whole deal took 2 years! By the way how do you know they are stuck with your name check?

HI, Eaglejoeli,
Wrong, wrong, wrong. I did not find this found till my I140 approval either, which is Dec, 2004. Search this website using name check.
But I have good news, my I485 was approved last Friday, I just found it out yesterday. I think your turn is coming. I come to this website all the time, and seems like approvals come in waves. With 485 processing time one year passed our PD, it should be our turn by all means. GO back and check your LUD, have you notice any change lately. Have you notice a LUD change with no message change around your FP or I140 approval? Since that usually either means name check request sent or result received.
Name check is the same as security check. USCIS sends request to FBI for this process before 485 approval. It does not matter EB1,2 or 3. Now a lot of people are stuck at this step, since this is another backlogged one. I guess FBI pays more attention to high tech field, which means more scrutiny on EB1, and NIW. (Pure speculation!) You can call VSC and sometimes, if you happen to reach a nice representitive, they will tell you what happened in the name check end. But generally, they won't say anything about.
At this point, I think you should call VSC. I called them on June 16th, and the case was approved on June 17th. I don't think it is approved because of the call, but it definately gave it a push.

Last edited by a moderator: