Are they on dope or what??

atmaramji

Registered Users (C)
My current EAD expires in 03/2007.
I sent out my 3rd EAD/AP renewal last week to VSC(RD 11/29/2006) expecting at least a three month delay in approval, as is normal nowadays.

And today I receive emails from CRIS saying that the EAD renewals have been approved!!!!

In just six business days!!!
Not that I am not glad...but I dont get it!

Two possibilities for the fast approvals...
1. These folks are on dope
2. It must be the sugar from the cookies they get during the holidays!

Whatever it is...it just beats me how USCIS works!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! That is unbelievably fast. Did you have to go and do biometrics? If not, do you know why not? I have a received date of 10/31 with NBC and I'm keeping everything crossed that I get it before the end of the year.

even my ead & ap got approved from CSC in less than 2 weeks.

I-765 & I-131
RD: 11/22/2006
ND: 11/28/2006
AD: 12/06/2006

We have same dates for my husband's I-765. Its amazing!
I wish they are as fast for I-485 approvals too!
UB
rarebell said:
even my ead & ap got approved from CSC in less than 2 weeks.

I-765 & I-131
RD: 11/22/2006
ND: 11/28/2006
AD: 12/06/2006

Thanks!
Nope...no biometrics...just straight approval!

I know...it is unbelievably fast!
I still can't believe it!

I guess we should add one more thing to the list of items to send for renewal....dope!!!

Ah...that reminds me...the only additional thing I sent with my renewal application this time was last time's EAD mailer. Not sure if that made a difference though.

Maybe Santa Claus is working on the EADs right now.
I wish he also starts working on the 485s.
The elves working on 485s dont seem to be effected by dope!
;0)

Just kidding folks!

Congrats!
Did you e-file or mail file ? Did you send photographs along with supporting documents ?

thanks,

atmaramji said:
My current EAD expires in 03/2007.
I sent out my 3rd EAD/AP renewal last week to VSC(RD 11/29/2006) expecting at least a three month delay in approval, as is normal nowadays.

And today I receive emails from CRIS saying that the EAD renewals have been approved!!!!

In just six business days!!!
Not that I am not glad...but I dont get it!

Two possibilities for the fast approvals...
1. These folks are on dope
2. It must be the sugar from the cookies they get during the holidays!

Whatever it is...it just beats me how USCIS works!

Thanks!
I paper filed.
Yes I sent photos with my application.
Took pictures at Picture People...non-digital...and they always work.

Hmmm.......Atma

I remember last year talking to you regarding EAD/AP renewal.
My EAD expires in March too. I'm planning to apply tomomrrow. Last time it took more than 3 months. Let us see this year...

Hello my friend...I do remember you from last year!
Do keep us posted about your case. Mine was too fast to believe. I wont believe it until I get the card in hand.
Besides, going by the way it has been, I will lose almost four months due to overlapping dates on my current and new EADs! But hey...its better than having no EAD...no work! :)

Fast approval is not necessarily a good thing, since they start the validity period at the date of approval rather than the expiration of the old EAD.

One more thing, my EAD got approved with start dates from my old EAD expiry date. This is NICE, since previously I used to loose 2/3 months on my EAD/AP. Atleast we can now save some money and time on this new and sensible rule from USCIS.

Good Luck all.

Alright...I received my new EADs and APs yesterday in the mail.
So from sending the applications to receipt of the cards...total time taken=14 days!
Now I can see its believably amazing! :)

And yes...the new EAD has start date (3/30/2007)from the expiry of the current EAD(3/29/2007). Thats really nice.
The new AP has a start date of (12/07/2006)when the application was approved...NOT from expiry of current AP (3/29/2007).

Congratulations.

People say there can be two parts of dope... having fun or going sad. I think except NSC every other center is having fun, enjoy their work and approve fast. At NSC start from labor, i140, i485, name an application, it will be pending for ever. hmmm

EAD Renewal

E-filed EAD 07/04/2006
I did my biometrics on 07/25/2006
RFE 12/11/2006 -after 5 month and 7 days- from the filing date, I know that EAD application processing time is 90 days.
HOW can they send RFE for EAD after 157 days!!!!
************Can Any one answer this question??************

Atmaramji?

why did you apply your EAD renewal at VSC and not chicago lockbox facility? I am assuming you are employment based adjustment of status correct. My I-485 is pending at VSC and i applied my EAD renewal to chicago lockbox facility. thats what at least VSC rep told me to do. I am confused. Can you shed some light on this. Thanks

Hi Humsab,

Yes...I am in the employment based 485 category.
I sent my applications to
75 LOWER WELDEN ST,ST ALBANS,VT 05479. I got this address from the 765 form.

I dont know if it is a lock-box or if it gets forwarded to one.

Hi hossamny, I understand your frustation. what is your RFE about? I am waitng to receive my RFE details. Hope your RFE is a simple one.

hossamny said:
E-filed EAD 07/04/2006
I did my biometrics on 07/25/2006
RFE 12/11/2006 -after 5 month and 7 days- from the filing date, I know that EAD application processing time is 90 days.
HOW can they send RFE for EAD after 157 days!!!!
************Can Any one answer this question??************

Question for hossamny

Did you get your interim EAD in the mean time? If yes from where? who issued it since Local office dont issue that anymore. Also isnt special registration ended a couple of years ago?

Looking forward to your reply.

hossamny?

As far as RFE is concerned, obviously in this day & age you can expect anyting from USCIS. I would advice not to spend energy on why they send an RFE, instead provide them what they are looking for. Your frustation is definitely understandable.

My second EAD was applied in June 05. I have never recieved the card till date. Took two interim EAD's instead from local office. when i went in to get the third interim card, i was told that since i have taken 2 i need to submit I-765 application again and then wait 90 days at least. Now i am worried that this new application will also meet the same fate as the previous one and i wont even be able to get interim EAD. Thats why i asked you in my previous post if you have recieved interim card?