Are there really multiple name checks that happen ?

The thing to realize is that there could be steps already built into the process that the IOs or AOs follow. I did not necessarily mean that the additional name checks will be at the absolute discretion of the IO/AO. Thus, it may not matter how much power they have or don't have. If the rules are set to trigger additional name checks for frequent callers, then they will get triggered.

As for keeping track of case-related calls, any modern software does that. The question is if this affects processing in any way or not.

I remember a very recent post in which an IO told an applicant that there are mutiple namechecks that happen along the way. He had asked the IO if his was done. I also remember reading other posts where the caller got various versions of the namecheck specific to their case from different IOs. I won't be surprised if it turns out that these applicants were calling very often and were looping inside multiple name checks.

Last edited by a moderator:
that is a plausible scenario therealist :cool:
the first IO i talked to told me to call every 30 days to check on my status, so i guess it's safe to call once a month ;)