Are PCC rules specific to the Consulate?

I looked at Mumbai and Chennai links and to me both the sites seem to agree with each other. Although I should mention that rules on Chennai web-site are more clear. Mumbai web-site leaves lot of room for missinterpretation.
Ram_frm_RIC.

Ram_Frm_RIC said:
I looked at Mumbai and Chennai links and to me both the sites seem to agree with each other. Although I should mention that rules on Chennai web-site are more clear. Mumbai web-site leaves lot of room for missinterpretation.
Ram_frm_RIC.

Mumbai :

"However, if the applicant has resided abroad since the age of 16 for periods of six months or more, then a police certificate might be required from that country, depending on.."

Chennai:

"is an Indian passport holder and currently resident in India, but has lived in another country (except for the U. S.).-----------lived in the foreign country for twelve or more months after reaching the age of 16 years."

This is the difference I am referring to.

Should they not be the same?

GCChaahiye,
I agree there is a difference and I think it should be same for both consulates... but there is hardly anything we can do about it... it says whatever it says... we have to go by that.
Ram_frm_RIC.