Are notices mailed on the day stated in case status?

wik

Registered Users (C)
My wife and I received email approval notices the evening of 7/9 (Friday) saying that the paper notices were mailed that day. It's 7/14 now and we have not seen them yet (yes, I know about the "14 days" stated in the online case status - but that seems excessive for first class mail!).

One guess I have is that the notices were actually mailed Monday 7/12, becuase our LUD changed that day too for no reason...

How long are people waiting for paper approval notices? Are they mailed from Laguna Niguel, or some distant central processing location?

We've come this far. I would hate for something so important to be lost or misdirected in the postal mail. (Our address has never changed and we have always received our EADs, APs, etc. OK)

It usually is not the case that USCIS will mail the notices on the day they say. I have seen several discrepancies where cases were approved and
notices were mailed couple of weeks later. In some of the cases the
status on the website was not updated to approved so the people who
got their approval notices did not realize they were approved couple
of weeks before. That is why the 14 days thing. Wait for 14 days. Everything
will be allright. Congrats on your approval.

Update

My lawyer said they received the approval notices yesterday and are FedEx-ing them to me. Will I also receive courtesy copies to my home?

Thanks
WIK

wik said:
My lawyer said they received the approval notices yesterday and are FedEx-ing them to me. Will I also receive courtesy copies to my home?

Thanks
WIK
Yes you should receive the courtesy copy too.

desi-bartender said:
It usually is not the case that USCIS will mail the notices on the day they say. I have seen several discrepancies where cases were approved and
notices were mailed couple of weeks later. In some of the cases the
status on the website was not updated to approved so the people who
got their approval notices did not realize they were approved couple
of weeks before. That is why the 14 days thing. Wait for 14 days. Everything
will be allright. Congrats on your approval.

Does anybody know what happens if one is approved but doesn't receive the approval notice. I did not use an attorney so I cannot hope for a second copy