Are I485 April/May waiters from NY only?

SardarJee

I\'m trying to rationalize why so many April/May filers are waiting to hear from the Gods at INS while June/July cases are getting approved (congratulation though!). Here is what I have so far ...

(1) Most of the approvals seem to be from VA, MD, or MA. I havent seen many NY cases approved. Maybe there is a quota of how many the NY is allowed to accept?? Or the person who handles NY cases just retired and VSC is still looking for a substitute.

(2) There are many more I-485 filers in NY who last year were beating the deadline to get themselved legalized. While this forum mainly discusses employment based cases, maybe VSC is swamped with other categories (e.g. Asylum type cases).

(3) Maybe VSC is helping out Texans or the Mid-Westerners again.

(4) The INS was scheduled to raise the fee from Feb 19th. Not that it should affect our cases but maybe they dont know that at VSC.

(5) Maybe VSC employees have been deputized to help in Salt Lake City. I remember hearing that some Russians getting medals illogically... or should I say illegally.

(6) The current published dates are 4/1 for VSC. Can we find out if VSC\'s auditors happen to be Anderson?

(7) Maybe the AVM machine is broken. We\'ll all get an approval notice in the mail. Or the only person who knew how to operate the complicated apparatus is sick - maybe he doesnt know that AmmoniumD comes in extra strengh now.

(8) Maybe there is some more background checks (besides the finger printing) that is being done. Maybe some racial profiling (try guessing mine from my ID!). Not that I\'m complaining - with all the stuff going on, US has all the rights but it just slows things up.

(9) There is just no logic. Reminds me of a joke. A guy goes to a temple at the end of the day and sees the priest take all the donations and toss them in the air. His logic was that God will keep whatever he wants and send the priests\' share to the earth. I guess that\'s how they are processing the cases - by the draw of luck - and not according to the popular belief of RD/ND/PD or any other \'D\'.

(10) Maybe there will be a bi-lateral trade agreement with India where INS will learn to take bribe and at-least get the work done. Wait, arent they doing that already by calling it premium processing?

No flames will be accepted. I\'m just writing to take out some of my own frustration. Its Torture.

RD: 5/1/1,
ND: 7/16/1,
FP: 11/02/1,
AP: ??/??/???? (notice the ?? in the Century too),
State: NY,
EB2,
India
EAC-01-224-5*

Who says slavery has been abolished? A very special thanks to Milk and MFB for keeping all the lists updated. Dear Mission-Mission, you have enough to suffer with.

Yours truely in dispair.

INS treats every one with equal fate/luck ..

Waiting for GC from Nov 1997 from MA ..
I feel Green Card has turned into Luck Card ...