Are companies getting AC21/EAD friendly ?

marlon2006

Registered Users (C)
I've see a job ad that says "US Citizens, PR or EAD" accepted.

I am considering using AC21/EAD and I am wondering whether companies are becoming more friendly and aware of AC21. I think if the potential employer is aware of that Employment Evaluation Letter would make things so much easier.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Yes. Even if they are not aware of it if you educate them about it most of the emplpyers are ready to give the letter. When I was considering to use AC21 I contacted few companies. 3 out of 4 US employers are ready to give me the EVL as per USCIS requirements. And the company I am working currently, I had to educate them first then thier immigration department came out and said they have no problem in issuing the lettet since I am going to perform the same duties and my position is same.

Especially if you are joining for mid range US consulting companies (there are hundreds out there) as an employee who likes your resume would do any thing you want as long as their client is happy. All you have to do is explain them about AC21 in an email and draft the EVL and tell them that this is how they should issue the EVL.

Since you mentioned consulting companies, I like to ask you this question:

Is it ok even if you get paid at hourly rate (thats what the pay stubs show)? I am of understanding that the EVL should specify a 'salary' and should say that the offer is for a permanent job.

pacha_card said:
Yes. Even if they are not aware of it if you educate them about it most of the emplpyers are ready to give the letter. When I was considering to use AC21 I contacted few companies. 3 out of 4 US employers are ready to give me the EVL as per USCIS requirements. And the company I am working currently, I had to educate them first then thier immigration department came out and said they have no problem in issuing the lettet since I am going to perform the same duties and my position is same.

Especially if you are joining for mid range US consulting companies (there are hundreds out there) as an employee who likes your resume would do any thing you want as long as their client is happy. All you have to do is explain them about AC21 in an email and draft the EVL and tell them that this is how they should issue the EVL.

Correct me if I am wrong, provide the job description and EVL submitted is very similar and as an assurance, you monitor USCIS.gov on weekly basis to make sure you respond to any potential NOID or RFE, you agree that triggering AC21 is very, very safe these days ?

pacha_card said:

Grandhipal, I have the same question. If you decide to ask this to a lawyer, please let me know. Let's keep in touch and see if we clarify this. This damn AC21/EAd is the only real action we can take now.

Grandhipal said:
Since you mentioned consulting companies, I like to ask you this question:

Is it ok even if you get paid at hourly rate (thats what the pay stubs show)? I am of understanding that the EVL should specify a 'salary' and should say that the offer is for a permanent job.

What I mean to say is take a permanent offer with a consulting firm.
Consulting firm means not every employee is on hourly basis. If it is well established one then you can find out that most of thier employees are permanent employees.

I know if it makes a big difference in pay package then it is not worth joining as a permanent employee.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see why you have to apologize at all :)

Anyways - are you implying that 'Permanent employee' and 'getting paid on hourly basis' are mutually exclusive?
In my case - I got the EVL/offer letter from my employer that specifies it is a permanent job offer, Salary is X (per annum) etc. However my pay rate changes based on the client/project and the actual number of hours worked in a given month also changes (slightly) over a period of time as reflected in my pay stubs. Overall the actual pay I get is slightly more than that is specified in the offer letter.

Any comments?

pacha_card said:
If I conveyed it differently I am sorry.
What I mean to say is take a permanent offer with a consulting firm.
Consulting firm means not every employee is on hourly basis. If it is well established one then you can find out that most of thier employees are permanent employees.

I know if it makes a big difference in pay package then it is not worth joining as a permanent employee.