Are anyone in the same situation - EB2

GC Approved

GC approved on 11/13. Got email yesterday morning notifying me of the approval for self and family

Medical RFE

azamani123,
The RFE asked me to complete the medical information since I was pregnant at time submitting I-485 and did not get all the shots that were required. We did submit a sealed envelope with Doctor signature asking for blanket waiver due to my situation. Apparently USCIS wanted everything.

What is your RFE about?

azamani123 said:
LongLostHopeIN,

what was your RFE?
I am also still waiting.

I have not got any RFE. I am just waiting and nothing is happening.
LongLostHopeIN said:
azamani123,
The RFE asked me to complete the medical information since I was pregnant at time submitting I-485 and did not get all the shots that were required. We did submit a sealed envelope with Doctor signature asking for blanket waiver due to my situation. Apparently USCIS wanted everything.

What is your RFE about?

similar situation

azamani123 said:
I have not got any RFE. I am just waiting and nothing is happening.

Is your namecheck cleared yet? I filed I485 in Jan 2006 and no response whatsoever yet :(

After reading through a few forums, I observed a trend for people who got stuck with their I-485 approvals. I think it has to do with the 3rd world level databasing technology used in USCIS (disclaimer: this is pure personal opinion without any solid knowledge on the processing procedure):

1. People apply I-485 before PD becomes current: I'd imagine that these applications go to the "Not ready to be processed" black hole. When PD becomes current, someone might dig out the applications from this black hole. Purely depends on luck!

2. Similar to 1, concurrent filing, again, your I-485 goes to the same black hole, when your I-140 gets approved, it depends on your karma whether your I-485 gets fished out from this black hole.

So, I think the best way to avoid your I-485 sink in the black hole is to submit it when your PD is current and after your I-140 has been approved. So when your I-485 arrives at the mailroom, it will go to the "Ready to be adjudicated" pile, hopefully if this pile actually exists.

Unfortunately USCIS also uses RD to send the applications to another blackhole.

Someone's PD may be 1990 but if that someone applies in December 2006 it will have December 2006 Received Date and will have to officially wait till the processing date given by USCIS becomes current.

However I have seen several approvals without RD current. My guess is they look at how many Visa numbers available versus cuurent demand trend also. So if someone is from ROW, he/she has very good chance if security check goes through. However anyone from India or to some extent China would go through some wait state. Why this happens is because USCIS may want to be more diligent to not to allocate Visa numbers in a hurry when there are earlier PD applications waiting or coming in.

fed_up said:
After reading through a few forums, I observed a trend for people who got stuck with their I-485 approvals. I think it has to do with the 3rd world level databasing technology used in USCIS (disclaimer: this is pure personal opinion without any solid knowledge on the processing procedure):

1. People apply I-485 before PD becomes current: I'd imagine that these applications go to the "Not ready to be processed" black hole. When PD becomes current, someone might dig out the applications from this black hole. Purely depends on luck!

2. Similar to 1, concurrent filing, again, your I-485 goes to the same black hole, when your I-140 gets approved, it depends on your karma whether your I-485 gets fished out from this black hole.

So, I think the best way to avoid your I-485 sink in the black hole is to submit it when your PD is current and after your I-140 has been approved. So when your I-485 arrives at the mailroom, it will go to the "Ready to be adjudicated" pile, hopefully if this pile actually exists.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about my namecheck. I called TSC couple of times but the lady told me that she can not share this information?!?!?!?! what about your name check? do you know about it?
maith said:
Is your namecheck cleared yet? I filed I485 in Jan 2006 and no response whatsoever yet :(