Ar11

mani_paul

Registered Users (C)
Does it update my address in BCIS I-485 file. Can i expect my RFE/Approval on new address.(RD 12/18/2001)

Or

Do i have to call some BICS number for this update of address.

In addition to sending AR11 ,I also called the BCIS customer service to verify that they have changed my address in the system.
I would highly recommend to make the followup call within 2 weeks of sending it.

I called the national service center regarding the verification
of address change and they told me they cannot give out
personal information and cannot access it ,since it is in a different
system something. Is that true ?

Originally posted by mani_paul
Does it update my address in BCIS I-485 file. Can i expect my RFE/Approval on new address.(RD 12/18/2001)

Or

Do i have to call some BICS number for this update of address.
AR11 is just notification of change of address for the national registry, it has NOTHING to do with your address on BCIS 485 file. You will need to fax BCIS with your change in address as well as call them to confirm the change.

Check some older threads for more info.

Here is the link.......

In addition to AR-11, you have to update your address change for each of your pending case, in your service center.
Check out this document for address change form.
Fill it in and fax it to the given fax number. I did it two times in the last 15 months. It works well.

Lately I got a reply from CIS for my enquiry for I-485 status, to my new address, meaning that they have my address updated in their file.

http://shusterman.com/pdf/csc2003.pdf

Good luck.

Hi All,

Can any one please tell me what to be filled in for A# (COPY NUMBER FROM ALIEN CARD) on AR11 in case of H1 status?

Please help,

Thanks

sakela/mani_paul,
If A# is available (in receipt notice), it should be used in any form meant for CIS. My H1 extension is being filed and the company's immigration advisor used the one available in receipt notice. A# is like SSN for CIS, once you get one.

AR11 -and AC21

I was planning to change my residence and move to a better apartment in the same locality. I saw the AR11 form which asks for Employer name also, i have changed job (had to do it because of co going Bankrupt) and not informed BCIS yet, so if i give mew employer name is it required for me to send AC-21 also.?
thanks

No

I am in the same boat. Havn't informed BCIS yet. You don't have to inform BCIS, you can do that when you get RFE or something.

AR11 is just for INS enrty sake. Otherwise it has no importance. Put your new employer info in there and send it.

Also send change of addr. to BCIS (fax) for each of pending applications with BCIS.

Do you have a Lawyer?

A little question ... Are people who have lawyers have to call the INS to change their address for a pending case too. I am asking that because usually you lawyer will get any REF too and he or she will tell you if you don't get it at your mail address. Am I wrong?

Yes

sometimes originals (e.g. Approvals/Receipts) are sent directly to applicant also.

Better call and update BCIS. Takes only couple of minutes.