AR11 Question

A

asifdhanani

I filled out the AR11 form about 5 months ago when I moved for my wife and myself. My question is do I still have to call the NSC to tell them of my address change? Is it important to call besides filling out the form? I did send the forms via FedEx and have a confirmed receipt for it. And if I do call now, would it cause a problem that I'm calling so late after I have moved? Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

RD 01/08/2003
ND 01/09/2003
AD ??????????

Once you make a move AR-11 needs to be submitted within 10 days. It is also need to inform 1-800 number for address update at CIS so that you will not miss any communication from CIS. It is better to inform 800 number about the change of address

You are not required by law to notify TSC about your address change, only to fill and mail form AR-11, which you did promptly.

However AR-11 goes to a different part of the Department and your address will not be updated automatically in your TSC file.

It is very important to call NSC and get your address changed in their system, otherwise any mail sent to you from TSC will go to your old address and never reach you.

And get them to spell out the address letter for letter as they enter it into the system, it would save you headaches later.

Statuary requirement is you need to file AR-11. But informing to CIS by calling 1-800 number is to update on your pending applications. Filing AR-11 may/will not update the the address on your pending applications. If you do not have pending applications you need not inform 1-800 number But filing AR-11 is compulsory even after getting green card.

You do not have to spend for Fed-Ex. Use ordinary post with proof.

Thank you for the info

As it stands I did send the AR11 as soon as I had moved but I'm going to call the NSC to update the address there also. Is there a special number to call NSC and TSC or is it just one number and if someone can post that number tit will be very helpfull.
Once again thank you all for the advice.
I sent it through FedEx because I justed wanted to be really sure that they received it and I have some solid printed proof that they did get it. You never know which officer might like to make this a deal breaker....;)

There is only one NSC phone number: 1-800-375-5283

You will need to have your SRC numbers ready.