AR-11 Issue

Nightkd

Registered Users (C)
I moved to a new address in May 2010 and filed an AR-11 form electronically. I got a confirmation that it had gone through. My USC partner also filed the change of address (I don't remember the number of the form) and mailed it in. We did this within the first couple of weeks of moving.

Well, fast forward a year and I receive a letter from USCIS which has bounced back and forth from my old apartment and finally reached me at my new one. It was a reminder to file the I-751 to remove the conditions on my 2 year GC (expires at the end of this month, filing this week)... They also added a note saying I'd changed addresses and needed to file an AR-11 to let them know my new address :confused:

So, now I'm wondering what I need to do. Obviously the AR-11 I did over a year ago didn't get to them, or...something...so shall I file it electronically again, or send them a paper copy? I believe I have a print screen of the AR-11 confirmation (don't remember exactly what it was, probably just saying it had been submitted?) so I'm wondering if I should just send them that...or....what's the best course of action?

I want to get this sorted, so they don't have an issue when they receive my application to remove conditions!! Has anyone else had this issue?

AR-11 address change is for the purpose of law enforcement. It is seperate from address of change for service purpose. They may or may not share information. So you have to do both when you are an alien and have a service pending

AR-11 address change is for the purpose of law enforcement. It is seperate from address of change for service purpose. They may or may not share information. So you have to do both when you are an alien and have a service pending

I don't understand... Do both what?

Do BOTH

(1) address of change for AR-11 for law enforcement purpose

AND

(2) address of change for service purpose for yoru pending case

Do I have a pending case, since I haven't actually submitted the i-751 yet?? All they told me to do was to file the AR-11 (plus that other form for my sponsor)... The only time I've heard of submitting a change of address for service purposes is if USCIS has paperwork of mine that they are processing... Which they haven't had any of since I was approved for my GC in 2009.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

If you:
Have no pending cases;

File Form AR-11 (online OR by mail)

If you use our Online Change of Address, you do NOT need to file a paper Form AR-11.

Have any pending OR recently approved applications or petitions; you need to complete two steps

Step1: File Form AR-11 (online OR by mail),

AND

Step 2: Change your address on any pending or recently approved applications or petitions (online OR by phone at 1-800-375-5283)

Use our convenient Online Change of Address system to complete steps 1 and 2 at the same time. Once you complete Form AR-11 online - the system will also provide you the opportunity to change your address on any pending or recently approved applications. If you use our Online Change of Address to complete Form AR-11, you do NOT need to file a paper Form AR-11.

I used the online change of address system and completed the forms I was offered. I had AND have no pending or recently approved applications...

You have no pending case, so for now AR-11 is sufficient. When you file the I-751, write your new address on the form and that will take care of your new address for your removal of conditions.

You have no pending case, so for now AR-11 is sufficient. When you file the I-751, write your new address on the form and that will take care of your new address for your removal of conditions.

So even though they don't seem to have actually received my AR-11 on file, I don't need to refile one before submitting the I-751? Or I DO need to file another one?

Last edited by a moderator:
So even though they don't seem to have actually received my AR-11 on file, I don't need to refile one before submitting the I-751? Or I DO need to file another one?

If they don't have it, you can refile. When you refile submit the receipt of last filing. In fact, you can just send copy of old AR-11 to show you did file in time.

But teh bottomlien is do not worry about this too much: If you randomly pick 10 aliens, 9 of them do not even know thsi AR-11 issue let alone file it.

I just take a look at new AR-11. I find the warning at the bottom of the form about consequences is not as strong as the old form