AR-11 forgot certified post!!

invest2bfree

Registered Users (C)
After we moved I sent our AR-11s but just used regular mail.

I called into uscis to confirm the address change but officer will not give me any information. He said there is no way of knowing whether the address change went through.

IAm just thinking of sending another AR-11 with certified post just in case other one got lost in mail.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

invest2bfree said:

I called into uscis to confirm the address change but officer will not give me any information. He said there is no way of knowing whether the address change went through.

IAm just thinking of sending another AR-11 with certified post just in case other one got lost in mail.

Better resend.

i think ur worrying too much.

Just send a new one with certified post.

also there is an address change option at 1 800 number. as a back up you should call & register new address too

If you already have your GC, Then all you need is to send your AR11. You dont need to update your address with USCIS. Is this correct??

JJ

invest2bfree said:

Did you make a copy of AR-11 you sent via regular mail? if yes,
resend a copy rather than fill a new AR-11 with new date. and on
some margin of the paper, write a note saying this is just a resent.

Is it filling AR11 after GC is must

If any one is having link please post the link.

thanks in advance

I always send by regular mail, because they did not mention anywhere to send it by certified mail.

don't worry, be cool

This is what it says about return receipt mail on the USCIS site.

You may choose the method of mailing your Form AR-11. Using certified, registered or receipt mail is not currently a USCIS requirement. However, it is advisable to send the AR-11 with a Return Receipt or some other method (see "Adding Extra Services") that will give you documentation that you did indeed mail the form to the USCIS, in case there should ever be a question.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/address.htm