AR-11 filed late, how to approach at N400 interview?

dizzo

Registered Users (C)
For my first 10 months as an LPR, the INS had my employer's address on file for me, rather than my apartment. I did not change this sooner because, silly as it sounds, I was waiting for the physical greencard to arrive and I didn't want to make any changes with the INS until I received it. (And since work-related travel within the US was a constant possibility, my employer's address was the preferred way even for family overseas to write to me. Even the immigration attorney who worked on my LPR case had said of my using my employer's address "As long as they (the INS) know how to find you".)

As soon as the card arrived in the mail at work, I sent my AR-11 with my residential details, and it was received and processed. That was in 2001. I've been at the same residential address,and with the same employer, ever since. But it looks like technically I was wrong to not advise my residential address months earlier than I did.

Has this sort of thing caused any issues/delays/hassles for an N400 process? While I don't imagine it's grounds to deny citizenship, could that failure to file an AR-11 within the specified timeframe be viewed as a misdemeanor? Is there anything I can do now to lessen the likelihood of a USCIS interviewer perhaps seeing this as a strike against my "good moral character"?

(On my N-400, I listed both my residential and work addresses for that same timeframe).

Last edited by a moderator: