AR-11 and Address Change

button

Registered Users (C)
I changed my address in Apr 2002 and the law was not enforced so strictly back then on filing AR-11. I notified my attorney that I had changed my address and he let me know that there was a standard procedure for notifying INS. After a month or so, I called IIO to check the status of my case and I was told that they had my new address already and I felt relaxed. After that (sometime in July, as I recall) the goverment had resumed enforcing AR-11 filing which I became aware of in August, but I still thought that I was safe because I had already verified the address change with INS. So I haven't filed AR-11 and now I'm seeing many discussions on this matter. Can somebody enlighten me what is the right thing to do - should I file AR-11 or I am safe? I'm still waiting adjudication of my I485 app. 10x in advance.

I am in the same boat. I filed the form last week using certified mail, according to my lawyer Ar-11 form is independent of any applications with the INS. It's better later than never.