AR-11 Address Change Does it trigger RFE ?

junior_member

Registered Users (C)
Hello friends,

I need your help again.
I am using a friend's address in CA.
If I change the address I will go under NSC.

Do you think it will trigger an RFE or transfer ? Please advise me.

Thanks
JM

Not likely

After filling AR 11, received letter from BCIS informing address update. Nothing much.

junior_member,

I have used AR-11 3 times already, haven't had a problem. Dint receive any letter from INS confirming the same. In fact my lawyer asked me to send the AR-11 with return receipt and certificate of mailing so that I would have a record in case INS questioned me.

As far as RFE is concerned, as you are well aware, it is issued in almost 95% of all cases. So expect one regardless for some silly reason or the other.

Good luck!

AR11 is not a notice for I-485 address change.

my experience is all communication from CSC will be sent to your I-485 address if you do not inform CSC to change your address.

AR-11 has nothing to do with 485 stage or RFE, regardless of your 485 status you have to file AR-11 address change form with INS. Even if you have filed 485 or not you need to do it. Where as if you want your address change for your GC process then you need to call INS and send a fax or what ever is the formality but sure AR-11 is nothing to do with GC.

AR-11 is for every alien even after getting GC.

AR-11 is sent to DHS,
INS address change is a phone call or fax. And yea that would trigger an RFE, but the chances of an RFE are 99.99% anyway.

as my mention above, although AR11 is sent to INS, but it will be not automatically updated your I-485 file. I filed AR11 without informing CSC when my wife and my kids moved out California on 08/2002. all of the CSC letter were mailed to our LA address, not oklahoma address until the final approval letter.

I filed I-485 and communicated with CSC by myself, without a lawyer's help. but got useful information/suggestion here.