• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

April numbers are released!

July interview chance

So you mean that July interview is a very hard chance but it might most likely happen in August.I am in USA already for 8 years now on a H1 visa. My company has also eb2 application for me and it is in the second stage but I still want to go lottery way.Do you think that having an interview in early August in enough time to do change of status in USA or not?

So you mean that July interview is a very hard chance but it might most likely happen in August.I am in USA already for 8 years now on a H1 visa. My company has also eb2 application for me and it is in the second stage but I still want to go lottery way.Do you think that having an interview in early August in enough time to do change of status in USA or not?

AOS with that number would be VERY risky. It isn't just that it doesn't allow a lot of time for the aos process, it is also that visas will be being issued while you process your case - and the global limit could happen while your case is progressing - meaning you won't get a visa. I would strongly advise you to consider CP - once you have your interview - as long as you don't have AP - you get the allocated visa at that point. If you don't change to CP you may just want to focus on the EB2 route...

Simon,
What do you think about doing AOS with case EU34XXX?
Thanks!

That is a lot safer of course - that number could be a month or even two months earlier than the other poster - so that makes things a lot safer. I'm at 31XXX myself and just about to move to the States - I'm not sure whether to do aos or cp - I think I might leave that call until the next VB - to see how close it gets to my number. You might want to do the same...

So you mean that i might get an interview but it doesnt guarantee that i will get the visa then i might need to consider changing my immigration attorney because he told me that if we can get an interview in august we will for sure get the green card.
Wow if you are right i need a little miracle:(

So you mean that i might get an interview but it doesnt guarantee that i will get the visa then i might need to consider changing my immigration attorney because he told me that if we can get an interview in august we will for sure get the green card.
Wow if you are right i need a little miracle:(

Immigration attorneys know very little about the DV process because most people process the DV application without them. They certainly would not be aware of what is happening this year....

Dear all,

I got my second notification for DV-2014, my appointment is scheduled in Kathmandu however, I currently live in Stockholm, Sweden. I want to change my interview location is there any possibility for that? How should I do it.

Yogesh
CN: 2014AS00005***

Fren,
would you mind to say when is your interview for? I mean early April, mid April or late April?

Don't worry... definitely you will call for an interview.... Don't worry my friend..... i'm also from Sri Lanka 18XXX....... you got scared than me... lol

I know that I might get an interview, the problem is that the time frame is enough to complete the change of status in Usa or not because I don't think that I have time to go back to my country and do the consular processing

Do you think that EU39XXX HAS A CHANCE TO GET AN INTERVIEW IN JULY?
you have a chance. I think is not bad. Simon knows little lottery. Do not take his words seriously.