• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

April 2015 Visa Bulletin Released

@Britsimon What are your thoughts on the Africa #s? They were a lot lower than you had anticipated? Is it still due to the DS260 back log? If they don't speed up…. the #s will continually be low…is that right? @SusieQQQ and Sm1smom any input? I need to BREATH right now!! Nervous

Did you see the comment in another thread about rescheduling of Frankfurt April interviews? Any thoughts? (sorry if I missed a response to that already)

Not sure what is going on in Frankfurt, but I got an email from the Bern embassy today about rescheduling my interview due to "overload of cases".

And correct me if I'm wrong,but neither of these usually has a deluge of DV cases, right?

Is it possible that the catch up from DS processing is happening here?

It's not just possible - it is certain that "old" cases are the vast majority of the interviews at the moment - all is being revealed by the CEAC data...

Not sure what is going on in Frankfurt, but I got an email from the Bern embassy today about rescheduling my interview due to "overload of cases".

And for how long it has been delayed? Few days or more serious? If it's only few days I don't think it's a big deal.

Britsimon
What do you think about asia?!
Whats going on?!
Are these low numbers good news for iranian people who interviewed (and not getting visa becouse of AP)or bad?!

And for how long it has been delayed? Few days or more serious? If it's only few days I don't think it's a big deal.

You're missing the point (or only seeing it from your own perspective - which is understandable).

The point is that we know many early cases were delayed because their DS260s were not processed in time. As each month goes by, KCC have x number of interview slots available per embassy/region. That is their "capacity" for DV cases. For April interviews it seems the scheduled interviews were above the capacity that at least two EU embassies could handle. Since half of EU April interviews came from DS260 backlog cases, that is worrying. If the embassies cannot stretch their capacity it is possible that they would undershoot the 50k target - and that would be dreadful.

Just curious, yet probably predictable question...
My number has just become current (OC 10XX) and I have not received any confirmation besides the automated response, they received my application (in 0ct 14'). I'm gathering I have to wait for the consulate to email me with my interview date? As it stated they would contact me if they needed further details.

I looked at the website this morning, and it said you need docs/ photos etc prepared. Do I need to submit a photo again on the webpage prior to the interview, or is this to be brought in, for the interview ( along with all documentation)?

Sorry for the silly questions.... but I'm making sure that I am not misstepping here.

Much thanks in advance.

Any explanation why Asia is getting slower and slower each dv year? It seems very likely this year's cutoff will be much lower than last year, probably in the 10-10,500 ballpark

With numbers this slow, KCC might as well abolish the DV program altogether.

Any explanation why Asia is getting slower and slower each dv year? It seems very likely this year's cutoff will be much lower than last year, probably in the 10-10,500 ballpark

With numbers this slow, KCC might as well abolish the DV program altogether.

Huh? Abolish the program altogether? What a daft thing to say. 53000 people last year would not agree with you, and 50000 this year wont either.

Just curious, yet probably predictable question...
My number has just become current (OC 10XX) and I have not received any confirmation besides the automated response, they received my application (in 0ct 14'). I'm gathering I have to wait for the consulate to email me with my interview date? As it stated they would contact me if they needed further details.

I looked at the website this morning, and it said you need docs/ photos etc prepared. Do I need to submit a photo again on the webpage prior to the interview, or is this to be brought in, for the interview ( along with all documentation)?

Sorry for the silly questions.... but I'm making sure that I am not misstepping here.

Much thanks in advance.

Kcc will email you in a couple of weeks time. Yes you should bepreparing - make sure you read the instructions. ..

Do you think there will be a drop?

Edit: that would explain the slower progress!

It's a possibility. The DS260 fiasco is having an effect. We are now hearing 2 EU embassies are not coping with the scheduled interviews. My estimates I published for the VB numbers today made it clear I expected some slight increase in pace (hence my estimates were a shade optimistic in EU and AF). However, if embassy capacity cannot increase then they could undershoot slightly - or at least fail to overshoot.

Do not look for other explanations are not significant. They handle small numbers. Next newsletter will come with a low speed and in September hit the forecast Simon and Slonera.