April 2008 visa bulletin

No one knows why they removed the bulletin. Let's hope that they bring it online again and it's not like July 07 fiasco.

they are talking the benefit of ind. eb2. however i don't think that is right with other county eb2 are not current. the benefit should be crossing the board.

A note for India EB2 ...

... from April 2007 visa bulletin
Section 202(a)(5) of the Immigration and Nationality Act provides that if total demand will be insufficient to use all available numbers in a particular Employment preference category in a calendar quarter, then the unused numbers may be made available without regard to the annual “per-country” limit. It has been determined that based on the current level of demand being received, primarily by Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices, there would be otherwise unused numbers in the Employment Second preference category. As a result, numbers have once again become available to the India Employment Second preference category. The rate of number use in the Employment Second preference category will continue to be monitored, and it may be necessary to make adjustments should the level of demand increase substantially.

Yes; I saw this interesting note. Previously, my assumption was that the flow is not permitted horizontally and only permitted vertically (i.e. EB2 row unused flowing down to EB3 row and so on).
Do we, therefore, anticipate the EB2 CH & IN to move in sync fwd\bwd in the coming months while EB2 is current for all other categories regardless of what happens to EB3?
Read comments from fragomen. It claims the eb2 in may become unavailable even in the middle of april if demand becomes unusually high. I do not think there will be many (if any) new 485 filers. So CIS has to look for approvable 485s and approve them. Would be really interesting to get a number that is available.
On a side note: This is exactly what happens when there is no good communication between the two agencies and therefore CIS can't predict what the demand is. This is another reason for allowing 485s to be filed even if the pd is not current as soon as 140 is approved. This way CIS will have really good way to make these predictions and communicate to DOS.
... from April 2007 visa bulletin

Last edited by a moderator:
Should we send regular email to State Department

Hi All,
As all of has some frustration of priority dates moving. Some of us waiting for a little bit, some of us waiting for a couple of months and some are waiting for years. All of us just waiting rather priority dates to be current or some process to be completed. I know USCIS and NVC are working good but main thing is priority date moving fast. I was wondering if we start emailing to State Department and USCIS to pursuing faster and quick working then may be it will work. What do you think? We should send them a thousand of mail as we log on daily and send them one mail daily may they will try to convince Govt. for more visa numbers and some more staff for immigration work.

Thanks

Instead of emailing about prioirty dates etc...
Let us email...and confirm that they do not increase H1s or approve too many LI As hereafter.

This is what the previous president did...and we are suffering now.
It will take years for USCIS to clear the backlog. Stay tight.

800k filed...can you imagine. Good for USCIS (revenue) not good for us.

I am still wondering we should follow this GC process...with India becoming major IT power.

Instead of emailing about prioirty dates etc...
Let us email...and confirm that they do not increase H1s or approve too many LI As hereafter.

This is what the previous president did...and we are suffering now.
It will take years for USCIS to clear the backlog. Stay tight.

800k filed...can you imagine. Good for USCIS (revenue) not good for us.

I am still wondering we should follow this GC process...with India becoming major IT power.

They increased the H1s and L1s based on the request/recommendation of the businesses in the USA. So they acted in the best interest of the USA in increasing those visas.
The backlog mess is primarily due to the ineptitude of USCIS. How many AOS petitions do they currently have pending? is it about 600-700K?

According to the Ombudsman's analysis, CIS has wasted about 600K visa numbers since 1996. If they had not wasted them, we would be sitting at about 100K pending applications.

What the previous president did before stepping down definitely helped the GC applicants at that time. He recovered the lost visa numbers from the previous year, and that helped a lot of GC applications.

I hope the current president does better than the previous president and recovers "all" the 600K wasted visa numbers. But I am afraid that is just wishful thinking. In the current situation - bad economy, bad job numbers - I seriously doubt that he will recover any numbers at all.

I hope the current president does better than the previous president and recovers "all" the 600K wasted visa numbers. But I am afraid that is just wishful thinking. In the current situation - bad economy, bad job numbers - I seriously doubt that he will recover any numbers at all.
We can hope the next president will do it. Both McCain and Obama supported the comprehensive reform that would have recaptured unused visa numbers and exempted dependents from the 140K quota.

We can hope the next president will do it. Both McCain and Obama supported the comprehensive reform that would have recaptured unused visa numbers and exempted dependents from the 140K quota.

I hope that is true and not just "political speak" to garner some votes.
Bush said in 2000 as part of his agenda that all naturalization and LPR applications will be adjudicated in 6 months. We are no where close to that.

The other thing they need to get a handle on is the efficiency of USCIS. If they don't become efficient and process applications at a rate that is faster than the rate of applications coming in, backlogs will never come down.

Even the current President is in favor of CIR, but first the bill got to be approved in both house and senate and reconciled ...

I don't understand that is there any relationship between current PD on I-140 and I-485 application approval? If my PD is current in Apr 2008, is there faster processing on my I-485 case? Please advise.