April 2007 Filing Thread

That's great rjo1!

We are in the same DO and I filed about 7 days after you, so I hope to get my letter soon. Thanks for letting us know!

getting worried

application packaGE SENT: APRIL 6TH,
rd: APRIL 20TH
NO LUD
No Fp notice
AP/ EAD: none

GC for Parents - timeline

This is my time line:
I-130, I-485 to Chicago 04/16/2007
RD : 04/24/2007
FP : 06/02/2007

I just got a letter that my case has been transferred to CSC with ND of May 22.
Does it mean there wouldn't be any interview ?

MY TIME LINE FOR NEWARK,NJ
MAIL TO CHICAGO LOCK BOX; 4/26/07
RECEIVED :4/28/07
FP N0TICE ARRIVES 5/13/07 DATED 5/11/07
RECEIVED NOTICE ARRIVES 5/15/07 DATED 5/8/07: rolleyes:
FP SCHEDULE 5/31/07
FP DONE WAITING FOR LUD

To my understanding if I need AP and it didn't come in 61 days after RD then I can register for and INFOPASS . Or is it 61 days after something else? ND I think is the only LUD I have on that.

LOL :D you asked the question on the subject line?...

Anyways, LUD = Last Update Date. The last day that USCIS touched your case (you can see it online)

Congrats to those who have their interview date :). For some unfortunate reason, mine was "descheduled". My LUD on the I-485 and I-129 (for concurrent H1B change of employer so I wasn't out of status) are stuck at 05/21/07. Perhaps the H1B has something to do with it and possible change of address, even though it was only a local move? It was moving along pretty smooth until I saw the deschedule notice :(. I'm hoping my EAD will arrive soon (praying)

same time line

we have same line except i applied 130 also
FP done 5/31 lud 5/31 and 6/3(sunday working?)
if you get FP regardless of time they try to go couple of hrs early i got out quickly

Hi! My timeline..............
Reciepts received: 05/07/06
Reciept Date: 04/26/07
Notice Date:05/02/07
FingerPrint Notice: Waiting.

Update

Just when I'm about to lose hope. I checked our mail today and I got my interview notice. Im so surprised, and hopefully everything will be alright. Here is my timeline.

DO: Seattle, WA
03/31/07 - Sent package to Chicago P.O. BOX via USPS Express Mail
04/02/07 - Package arrived at PO Box
04/02/07 - Receipt Date
04/09/07 - Notice Date (I-485)
04/16/07 - Received Biometrics appointment letter
05/03/07 - Biometrics appontment
05/04/07 - Interview deschedule notice
06/04/07 - Interview letter received
07/19/07 - Innitial Interview schedule

Update from me, DO San Francisco.
Now on H1B
ND 4/30/07
FP 5/18/07
Interview 7/24/07
I am behind rjo1 by about a week.

I received the IL yesterday for July 24th.

My only concern is that I am also in the process of changing my last name (to my husband's last name). The only document left to change is my passport which will take about a month. Not sure if I'll have the new passport by the interview. The worst case scenario would of course be not to have any passport (in case I mail my old one to the consulate and the new one doesn't reach me on time).

Has anyone gone though the name change process while also going though AOS?

thanks and good luck everyone!

Heeey SFSpring,
I dont't know which country you are from, but from my little understanding you will not be issued a NEW passport with your married name, what most embassies do is make an ammedment/note on your current passport indicating your name change....and possibly the reason.
You cannot come to America with a passport,get here and change it....i mean with the name. That is another identity.
You get a new passport when you become a citizen here and you go by the new name on your social/state issued ID/naturalization cert........which you are going to change anyway.

Hi Nisoen

It is possible, at least it seems like it will be. The marriage has been registered in my home country (with the help of my parents), and the name change was noted, then they issued a document with the name change noted which I sent to the consulate to get a new passport with the new last name. My AOS application has been submitted with the new last name as well, so I'd like the passport to refect that.

Got a CRIS e-mail informing that my I-485 is back to "received & pending" again instead of "descheduled". I wonder if it had to do with my change of address? Anyway, it looks like it's moving still :)

I had also got an Email on 06/01/2007 "descheduling" my interview on Jun 20th but I chose to just ignore as so many have done and then again yesterday I got an email about my status going back to "received and pending". So, I think it does not mean anything. I was gonna go to my interview anyway. Well, my opinion..