April 2002 ND, Susu help!

alexk

Registered Users (C)
I am wondering how many applicants are still waiting since April 2002? I checked eac# and see that there are at least 2 more unfortunate ones with ND 4-24-02 that never get any response from BCIS.

Last week I-140 EB1 OR was approved with ND 4-10-02.

Susu, can you do me a favor, and figure out what is the first day in 2002 for which all I-140 have been replied for.

Hi alexk:

Sorry. Taugh to do since there will be lots of guesses. Just like answering a question which has lots of possibilities.

Originally posted by alexk
I am wondering how many applicants are still waiting since April 2002? I checked eac# and see that there are at least 2 more unfortunate ones with ND 4-24-02 that never get any response from BCIS.

Last week I-140 EB1 OR was approved with ND 4-10-02.

Susu, can you do me a favor, and figure out what is the first day in 2002 for which all I-140 have been replied for.

If there is a backlog, it must have a starting date. Is it in March or April? People, who are doing computer science, please answer!

As soon as projected times, processing times, priority categories are irrelevant in this game of guesses, there must be a scientific solution.

I do not expect my case to be reviewed if there are still hundreds of pending cases from the beginning of April. I can sit and punch numbers by myself, but I guess there are smarter people around that know how to run a script. Or have a IP adress from wich they can do it without any problems.

I am still waiting ... patiently...

ND: March, 6, 2002.
EB1-OR

I guess I am the only one who has been waiting for so long time in this board.

Still waiting :(

I had filed for I-140 with labor substitution in March 2002, followed by concurrent I-485 and I-765 (ead) in Sept 2002, fingerprinted in Nov 2002.

I have not received any approvals from BCIS even today nor have I received any RFE.

I have been doing a constant follow-up via phone every 30 days and 60 days and 90 days as asked by IIO to check back on the case status. The unfortunate thing is that everytime I call their response is the same.... "wait for 30+ days for a response from INS/BCIS, if you do not hear within this time then call us again".

Last I called in June 2003 and the representative at BCIS took information from me and asked me to wait for 2-3 weeks. When I called them back after 3 weeks, they asked me if I had any pending inquries at BCIS, and I said that I called in June 2003 and the officer took all the information (I'm not sure if this is what they call "inquiry :( ) but I asked me to check in 2-3 weeks. Then the officer said today that there could be no way that you will receive a response in 2-3 weeks... and asked me to wait for 60 days. And even more unfortunate thing was that she said we dont keep track of inquries so she cannot tell if there was any response to my previous inquiry :( ... Now this is what made me frustrated :( How should I now believe if they have a pending inquiry, if they do not keep a track :(

Well, I know when I will call back in Aug 2003 I will hear the same response.... wait wait and wait......

Has anybody in this forum heard back from BCIS/INS about their previous inquiry ? I will appreciate if you could share your case on the inquiry.

Now alex you might feel better as March 2002 applicant is still waiting :(

HI all

here are a few things that can be done.(rather the things I have done). My 2 cents.

1)
Walk into ur local BCIS office and at the information counter select the applications check box for 140, 765, ead ap etc in the form that the give you and ask the person to give you the status . this way you will get to know if an officer has been assigned to ur case or if the file is missing or has moved for whatever reasons or any pending sec. check etc.

2) ask your attonery to start an AILA Liason process where one attorney from your side talks to a BCIS officer on a regular schedule regarding your case only. If an officer has been assigned to your case the BCIS will ask your lawyer to file a written inquiry for which the BCIS has to give a written reply within 3 -4 weeks. This is the current state I am in as this is my 4th week. I only hope i do not get back the online message in the written status (really then BAD LUCK KHARAB HAI)

If the officer has not yet been assigned to your case either an officer is assigned then or atleast they have to give your lawyer the actual reason.

P.S: I am not a lawyer and am currently working on I140 waiting for almost 400 days at NSC EB2.

I saw a batch of approvals of EB1s from February, March and April and thought it is my turn now. False start!

I do monitor BCIS activity on I-140 approvals from my mailing date. They seem to review at least half of pending cases from April 24, 2002 (whatever was left from July 2002 approvals, when most approvals happened) during month of June. I suppose that they were mostly EB1s or NIW.

I am pretty sure that I would not bother myself calling 1-800 number, because even calling 1-802 number did not make any sense. I think that these calls are just for releasing of steam. No help at all.

I thought that I really got help with my EAD back in September, when I had to stay at home for a month waiting for a work permit. I called them every week, they sounded very encouraging and helpful. They promised to accelerate my case. I got EAD in about 40 days after filing 485.

I became really mad when I saw that people got their EAD approved in less than 3 weeks without any calls to Vermont.

Bottom line: calling there may hurt you more than help. Other guys from this forum may have different opinion, but the luck they got was pure coincidence.