APR 2001 filers FP and AD Tracker

SHOULD WE COLLECTIVELY SEND LETTER TO CONGRESSMEN.

Based on suggestions made by "Azureicy" (from a previous discussion posting titled "TSC inefficiency needs to be exposed" ), one of us can post this reference sample letter and useful link as a new posting for interested members for reference purpose.
This letter is intended to request for Senators/Congressmen/congresswomen assistance to make TSC more efficient in its I-485 processing like other centers.
Please spread the words to every I-485 applicant that you know in the TSC center. Hopefully, we can collectively make a difference.

The following link will provide names and email addresses of senators/congress members within applicants locality by entering zip codes:
http://congress.org/

The sample letter is listed below:

===============================================================

Dear Sir/Ms,

Request for your assistance to make TSC more efficient like other Service centers.

I, one of the (77,000+) I-485 (Adjustment of Status) Applicants in the Texas Service Center would like to inform your office about the major disparity in the I-485 processing time in the TSC - Texas Service Center compared to all other centers ( CSC – California Service Center, VSC – Vermont Service Center, NSC – Nebraska Service Center)
Various Processing reports for all the service centers indicate that Texas Service Center is the slowest. The TSC is still working on July 1999 cases. This has been the same for over 6 months. Other Service centers have been working to cut down the processing time to within the 180 day INS processing time target since late last year.

Listed below are the processing times in various service centers:

VSC - Currently processing cases filed in ?.
NSC - Currently processing cases filed in ?
CSC - Currently processing cases filed in ?
TSC - Currently processing cases filed in ?

As a direct comparison, CSC and TSC regularly handle about the same number of cases.
So there is no reason why TSC cannot adjudicate cases faster than they currently are.
Although, we know that processing times in the four service centers cannot be exactly identical, we do however feel that TSC can do better.

We know that in the past, individuals have contacted your office regarding their individual cases, but we feel that it is time to collectively express our dilemma, frustrations and concerns with the manner in which our cases are being handled.
Most of us have been waiting patiently for a decision from TSC for almost 2 years, but haven’t heard anything so far. Our fingerprints are expiring or already expired.
For those of us who filed employment based immigrant application, we are constantly living in fear of losing our jobs in this current delicate economy.

We therefore would like to ask for your assistance in appealing to Texas Service Center to adjudicate our I-485 cases in a more expeditious manner.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Sincerely,
VOLUNTEER