Approved

gc131

Registered Users (C)
My mortgage application, that is. Who cares about the stupid green card? It is the most boring process in the world, and the BCIS is the most boring bureaucracy. In fact, lets have a contest. Who can name anything more boring than the immigration process? By the way, you obviously don't need the GC to get a house. Just make sure you have an excellent credit rating.

Well..after waiting for so many years for the GC, I think the most boring thing than the immigration process is the GC Approval itself..Don't you think so??...You will have nothing to worry, think, follow, curse...Damn It..I am afraid what will happen to me after I really get the Approval :D :D :D

BTW, below are my details

PD: Sept, 1999
Labor Approval: Oct, 2000
I-140 Approval: Oct, 2001
I-485 RD: Dec, 2001
I-485 ND: Dec, 2001
1st FP: May, 2002
RFE: Aug, 2003
2nd FP: ????????
AD: ???????

Originally posted by gc131
My mortgage application, that is. Who cares about the stupid green card? It is the most boring process in the world, and the BCIS is the most boring bureaucracy. In fact, lets have a contest. Who can name anything more boring than the immigration process? By the way, you obviously don't need the GC to get a house. Just make sure you have an excellent credit rating.

You are right..you can buy a house..did it almost a year ago. ACtually you can spend your entire career/life here without the GC. Do not be like myself! There is an easier way with it. There is even a better way with citinzenship.

Originally posted by gc131

screw the credit rating. just have plenty of cash.
i've bought a condo a car and whole bunch of other crap.
now suppose i loose my job, can't get another one or something like that. now, that's very unlikely, but who knows.
what am i to do then? sell my benz, my condo (probably at a loss too), give away the rest of my stuff and get the hell out?
i suppose so . . .
while if i had a GC, i could just stay here (remember i have the cash so it's OK, i can live off the interest plus my wife works too)
so that's why we need GC.

Re: Re: Approved

Are you aware of any place that pays above 2% interest on savings ?

Originally posted by dr_hangup
while if i had a GC, i could just stay here (remember i have the cash so it's OK, i can live off the interest plus my wife works too)
so that's why we need GC.

savings

no, not really. there are some intro rates out there but nothing permanent.
i am playing around with some stocks that pay div. some REITS did very good in 2003 and they paid huge divvies but right now there is too much risk so i'm not playing there anymore.
i've also played junk bond funds in 2003. small cap funds were good to be in and i'm still in them on my 401k, but not on regular accounts.
my 2004 strategy is not formed yet. i was trying to short the hell out of SCO but my broker couldn't get the shares to loan to me :(
maybe an option play on some MREITS, maybe even on QQQ . . .
i'd like to put more money into oil and gas royalty trusts but they are so high right now it's scary. i'm getting old . . . maybe i should quit trading all together and do something real.

savings

CD is a bit different from savings account but 1 year is not that bad.
the problem is, buck goes down a lot quicker than 2%
and will probably continue to go down in 2004 at the rate similar to what it did in 2003.
so guys don't count on savings accounts and CDs.
either way, we will get screwed :)
the money needs to be spent on hookers otherwise it's no gain :))) just kidding. i meant, big houses, five cars and 3 kids of course, not hookers . . .