Approved

stillwaiting88

Registered Users (C)
Hi, all:
My husband's case was finally approved on 10/6. I am now out of town and can not get my mail, so I don't have the approval notice on hand.

I used to be very depressed everytime I saw the same boring message (case received) again and again so I don't check the online message often. I was very surprised and of course happy to see the approval.

This approval came 17 months after mine (I am the principal). We filed together and was FPed together. This approval is truly a miracle.
ND: 4/6/2001
first FP: 2/2002
second FP: 11/2002
third FP: 1/2003
AD: 10/6 (principal approved in May 2002)

His first FP was unclear. He received two FP notices in a very short period of time. He went ahead and did it twice. Both of them were good.

Based on my experience, there are two issues that may bring you some peace of mind:
1. Either his or my online/AVM message showed any updates on FP. The message changed from "case received" to "approved" and there were no messages in the middle.

2. I did not attach I-134 or I-864 for his case. I filed on my own according to form instructions. I was very worried in the past few months for this. It seems that Affidavit of Support for the spouse is not absolutely necessary. Of course it is a wise thing to do when you file the application. But for those who failed to do it, my experience may bring you some relief. My husband was on OPT without a job when we filed 485.

Thank you all for your support. This board is my major source of info and help me through the whole hell of process. Thanks to Mr. Rajiv and everyone who works for him.

Be hopeful and your turn will be coming sooner than you expected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations

:) Congratulations stillwaiting88 now you should change your name to APPROVED88
we are all happy for you.
we all know the feeling of being depressed of (case received).

God Bless you.

Congrats, stillwaiting.

QUite strange that they took 17 months to approve the spouse
after they had approved the principal.
Best wishes.

Congratulations! Stillwaiting 88.

Now maybe we should use your login name. My wife is still waiting her approval. We have very similar case scenarios. Our RD was 4/11/2001. We did our first FP together in Feb. 2002. I got my approval in March 2002 while my wife got a FP redo in March 2002. (first FP not clear). She did it second time in April 2002. She received a RFE (to show her legal status. Of course we have included every documents required when we first filed our case) in April 2003. Nothing happened yet. It's been more than 18 months now since my approval. Yesterday, the message changed to the following:

"On October 17, 2003, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."

We think this is a FP notice. Her FP has expired at the end of July. Of course we wish this were approval notice.
Enjoy your freedom now.

We are Happy for you

Congrates. Yours is a diff case. You were happy that at least one case got approved and at the same time depressed that the spouse case is not.

Now both of you guys Enjoy the freedom.

GoodHope.