Approved

sulabham

I have been a silent observer in this forum for several months.
I checked the online status sunday morning after looking at another thread which said that their online status changed saturday night.
Its kinda funny the way things worked out. Unlike several folks in this forum, I would rarely check the AVM nor had I ever spoken to IIO. On the suggestion of one of my friends who insisted that the case gets flagged when U call and it helps faster adjudication assuming everything else is OK on your file. I spoke to IIO for the first time on April 28th. I was told that the response to RFE was received...blah blah blah.. and that the case is yet to be assigned to an officer. Interestingly she confirmed that on most cases the File goes back to the same officer who issued the RFE.
I called back on April 30th as I was given to understand(from Murthy chat) that the individual phone numbers of the 4 service centers would no longer be available beginning May Ist and that U need to call the National 1-800 number. Now the IIO said that it was assigned to the same officer but had no idea when it would be approved. Bingo...we had the approval on Friday.....May 2nd.
RD OCT 2001
ND Nov 2001
FP FEB 2002
RFE Jan 2003
RFE Received FEB 2003
AD May 2nd 2003 PER online status. AVM got updated only today.

This is a great forum. Thanks for all your inputs. Good Luck for all those who are waiting. Do call IIO for whatever it is worth....

Hi, sulabham:

Congrats to your new freedom on the approval !

What's the phone# you called through to INS Nebraska ? The number listed as 402-323-7830 is always busy, and I have never called through with a live person in other end. I'd highly appreciate if you can share your # or the time you called.
Thank you very much.

Bob

bbzhan1 -

you just have to sit there and hit redial. usually takes about 30-40 tries, if lucky, first try will go through. persistance and perserverance pays off eventually....:D good luck, hope you can get through to them.

The number I dialed was (402) 323-7830 . You probably need to redial 20 or 30 times to get thru. I called once at 10 am CST and once afternoon maybe at 1 or 2 PM CST

Stamping Question

I received originals and the courtesy copies for myself and family. I plan to go for stamping this friday. Wondering if my 5 year old needs to be there for stamping or is it OK if I take his Passport and photographs. Understand they do not take finger prints for 5 year olds.
Appreciate if someone can respond.

Thanks