Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

swamig

Registered Users (C)
Hello all!

My case has been approved yesterday. Also my wife's. This has been a very long journey.... This site has been terrific. I found very interesting moments, I could share and vent out my views pain, frustration all in this site. Although I post very few comments/messages. I have read almost all the messages, a daily browser of this site.

Just in case if anyone needs

My PD 07/1999
RD 11/05/2001
ND 11/25/2001
RFE 03/10/2003 ( BC Non Availability )
RFE 03/26/2003 ( RFE Respons received)
AD 04/07/2003

Thanks you all !!!!! and Good Luck for those who are waiting!!!
Specially my Best and Sincere whishes goes to the people whose priority dates are on or before Sep. 2001

:)

Congratulations!!!

Thanks for your response to my post about doing FP before the appointment date.

Can you post some specifics about your birth certificate RFE? What did they ask for? Do you have any BC issues(non-availability, no name on BC, different names/dates between passport and BC etc)?. TIA.

The reason for asking is that I too expect a BC RFE.

Swamig Please elaborate your RFE details

I have responded to BC non-availablity with actual BC but with no name (my name was missing), 2 affidavits and a rule from local municipality that the under their jurisdiction the name cannot be added to the BC at this date.

Do you think it will be sufficient? The statement is not on the stamp paper...

RFE on 2/20 and received 3/13

Thank you very much!!!!!

Hello All

Thank you very much for your wishes. You guys were really supportive.

gcoct and malludude, My RFE was on BC, I did not have BC so I had given affidavits. BCIS asked me to provide Non Availability of Birth Certificate from local authorities. The one I have gotten for myself was from local registrer's office, which did not mention my name (it was in tamil) while preparing translation affidavit I asked them to include my name. ( I got covered), but for my wife the municipality gave it in English with no name mentioned on it.

THough my lawyer mentioned about no name on Non Availability Cert. He didn't really complain about it. I'm not sure what kind of cover letter he had enclosed with it. THe BCIS took it without raising any concerns.

In short I guess its okay to provide without a name as long as it says your parents name and address correctly. Consistant with affidavits.

I have noticed off late that many applicants who are providing affidavit gets an RFE asking Non Availability Cert.