Approved!

It looks like things are moving now at TSC

I suppose OKFinallyGotIt is not the name on nairobi.com.

Whatever it is, it seems cases are now moving in TSC. My sons RFE (insufficient medical records) was received on 15th July, AVM was updated on 16th and finally it was approved on 18th. We received letter on 23rd and got the stamping done at INS Dallas today.

I shall post the summary of our case once we all get plasic cards. By the way, how to post the main message, rather than a reply like this?

Answers to all your questions...

Thank you all for your wishes!

No, my wife and I do not have the same last names.

My wife's fingerprints were delayed by 2 months (since she was visiting India). Looks like our whole process was delayed until the INS received her cleared fingerprints.

No, my(primary applicant) last name starts with an "R".

No, this is not the same name I have on e-nairobi.com traker. It has been so long since I updated anything there I cannot recall my old password.

Our entire GC process took 3 months short of 5 years, end-to-end!!! (Well, I still need to get our passports stamped and receive the actual "green" cards!!)

Ur wife's fingerprinting delay

Hi,

could you please shed more light on how your wife's fingerprinting was delayed by 2 months. What was the scenario, did your wife went to finger printing 2 months after the FP appointment date?
Do you know if someone wants to reschedule his/her FP date, how to do it?

congrats again,

skshirsa

Fingerprinting delay

My wife got her fingerprinting done exactly 2 months after our scheduled appointment date since she was in India on vacation when we got the notice. The notice said that we could go in on any wednesday within 90 days after the appointment, should we miss the scheduled date.

Although I am the primary applicant and gave my fingerprints on our scheduled appointment date, it was not until almost 2 months after my wife gave her's that we got our approvals. This leads me to believe that the INS had shelved our case until they received both of our fingerprint clearences from FBI.

Regarding rescheduling of the original FP appointment, we had explored the option due my my wife's extended vacation. Our attorney had advised us to let them know right away if we thought my wife would not be able to make it within the 90-day period. This is so that an extension could be filed with the INS.

Received plastic cards

Both me and my wife received our actual "Green Cards" in mail on Aug 21st, exactly 3 weeks from our stamping date on Aug 1st. The postal stamping on the envelopes suggests that they were actually mailed out of Corbin, KY on Aug 16th.

Here is our case summary again:
PD: 11/24/1997
RD: 03/02/2001
ND: 03/09/2001
FP: 03/29/2002 (self)
FP: 05/29/2002 (spouse)
AD: 07/25/2002
SD: 08/01/2002
GC: 08/21/2002

Good luck all of you out there!!

OkIFinallyGotIt, congratulations to you and your family!

You must be happy at the end of this long journey!! Good luck to you!!!

OkfinallyIgotit where did you get your passport stamped.

OkfinallyIgotit where did you get your passport stamped?
TIA.
-pattwait