Approved!!!

orient

Registered Users (C)
My wife\'s I-485 was approved as per AVM on Apr. 1st. I already got mine in Nov. 2001. She is a follow-to-join case. Her WAC is 01-292. I am on Pcee\'s list.

Many thanks to this board, especially to Pcee and others.

a little bit detail please. what is follow-to-file case?

your wife filed 485 as your dependent at the same time when you file or she filed after you? My husband filed with me at the same time, mine got approved on Mar. 20, but he did not get his, I am very anxious, thanks for your help. What is your/your wife\'s RD, FP date?

Really appreciated.

Follow-to-join procedure

Orient,

Can you tell me the procedure of follow-to-join application? From the web site of INS, I know that first of all, I need to file I-824 to a local INS, after I-824 is approved, the INS will inform outside US embassy that I am a permanent resident and my wife can contact the embassy and complete the process. However, when I file I-824, from the web site, I don\'t need to file my marriage certificate. In that case, how can they approve my wife\'s follow-to-join status? Do you file your marriage certificate when you file I-824?

Pls. help

More detail

My wife filed her petition after me. We married after I filed 485 and the marriage and certificate and lawyer taked some time. So her RD is actually 5 months later than mine. ND is Sep. 24, 2001. Then the FP was in Nov. 2001, while it was scheduled at Dec. The AVM message changed to "Process Resumed at Jan. 4th" and stayed there until yesterday, when I finally heard the magic word.
I used my company\'s lawyer to do the whole thing. I gave them a lot of stuff, like my W2, paystub, marriage cert., photos, etc. Of course, the I-824.
I am very happy about the whole thing cause it only took about 9 month for her. Mine went for about 2 years to go through it. I was always wondering about the possibility of interview. At here, it will take about a year to get the interview. Thank God.

Hope you got yours soon!

You wife is in USA?

You said your wife\'s I-485 was approved, that means your wife is in US, so she filed I-485 for adjusting her status to permanent resident. However, if your wife is in US, how come do you need to file I-824 that is supposed to be used for consular process?

She is in US on F1

Sorry for the mistake. She filed I-485, aside with I-131 (AP) and I-765 (EAD). But we never get the AP. Anyway it is no good now.

Hope this clarify the thing a little.