Approved

gls

Registered Users (C)
Hello All -

Both my and my wife's I-485 have been approved today 03/16/2007 finally at Fairfax, VA office.

We are very very happy about it. Finally we are done with the 6 years of our GC journey. Been in the US for 10 years now.

Thanks to everyone in the forum for their excellent ideas and thoughts about the immigration. This site has been served me gain knowledge in US immigration matters.

Most of the time I have been remained as a silent reader in this forum. So there are very less postings or replies from me.

I have an arrest record (Domestic Violence; Assault and Battery Charges). So my file has been transferred from TSC to a local office. Since I live in VA they transferred to Fairfax, VA office.

My PD has become current since January 2007 and waiting waiting but still there is no response from them yet.Just fed up on waiting the I-485 approval so finally took the InfoPass appointment for today at Fairfax, VA office. After waiting almost for 4 hours the Adjudications Officer came out with two pieces of paper saying that our I-485 applications were approved. He said that he does not have a stamp with him to stamp our passports so asked us to take the InfoPass appointment again for passport stamping.

The letter that the Adjudications Officer handed over to us says that:

" Your application for lawful permanent resident status has been approved. Your alien registration card will arrive by mail within twelve months.

Please do not travel outside the United States without first receiving a passport endorsement from USCIS. In order to receive the endorsement, you must make an INFOPASS appointment via the Internet.....blah blah....."

The same message for both of us.

Does this really going to take twelve months to get the card by mail?

Please share your ideas and thoughts on the arrival of card by mail after approval at the local office.

Wish you all good luck in approvals.

Hopefully pretty soon everybody get their turn.

Please any questions let me know.

EB3 - India
PD: April 27, 2001
Originally filed I-140/I-485 at TSC: October 24, 2002
I-140 Approved Date: May 2003
5 EADs, 1 AP for myself
4 EADs, 3 APs for wife
Transfer Date to Fairfax, VA: July 11, 2006
Interview Date for both: September 21, 2006
Approved Date for both: March 16, 2007
Card Received for both: Still Waiting

gls,
Did u receive your card...did u have any online status update after approval?
Please post...
Thanks
Sakti

GLS

Did you ever travel outside the US after your arrest, in so, did you had any trouble at the port of entry, what kind of documents did you had related to arrest record

Thanks

Sunjr

Hello All -

Both my and my wife's I-485 have been approved today 03/16/2007 finally at Fairfax, VA office.

We are very very happy about it. Finally we are done with the 6 years of our GC journey. Been in the US for 10 years now.

Thanks to everyone in the forum for their excellent ideas and thoughts about the immigration. This site has been served me gain knowledge in US immigration matters.

Most of the time I have been remained as a silent reader in this forum. So there are very less postings or replies from me.

I have an arrest record (Domestic Violence; Assault and Battery Charges). So my file has been transferred from TSC to a local office. Since I live in VA they transferred to Fairfax, VA office.

My PD has become current since January 2007 and waiting waiting but still there is no response from them yet.Just fed up on waiting the I-485 approval so finally took the InfoPass appointment for today at Fairfax, VA office. After waiting almost for 4 hours the Adjudications Officer came out with two pieces of paper saying that our I-485 applications were approved. He said that he does not have a stamp with him to stamp our passports so asked us to take the InfoPass appointment again for passport stamping.

The letter that the Adjudications Officer handed over to us says that:

" Your application for lawful permanent resident status has been approved. Your alien registration card will arrive by mail within twelve months.

Please do not travel outside the United States without first receiving a passport endorsement from USCIS. In order to receive the endorsement, you must make an INFOPASS appointment via the Internet.....blah blah....."

The same message for both of us.

Does this really going to take twelve months to get the card by mail?

Please share your ideas and thoughts on the arrival of card by mail after approval at the local office.

Wish you all good luck in approvals.

Hopefully pretty soon everybody get their turn.

Please any questions let me know.

EB3 - India
PD: April 27, 2001
Originally filed I-140/I-485 at TSC: October 24, 2002
I-140 Approved Date: May 2003
5 EADs, 1 AP for myself
4 EADs, 3 APs for wife
Transfer Date to Fairfax, VA: July 11, 2006
Interview Date for both: September 21, 2006
Approved Date for both: March 16, 2007
Card Received for both: Still Waiting