140 AD (3 Month ) 8 AUG 2005
FP (5 Month ) oct 2005
Biometrics (9 Month ) Feb 10 2006
485 RFE (11 Month ) (wife Birth Cert) 17 APR 2006
485 RFE Replied (11 Month ) May 2 2006
485 Approved (12 Months) May 17 2006
GC Card Received (12 months) May 20 2006

Congrats!!

Did you have any LUDs after the RFE replied date and before approval of case? Also any info on your name check process?

I had RFE on Birth Certificate and replied on 05/22. There are LUD on 05/23 and 05/24 and then no changes. I am not sure if my name check is cleared.

TIA.

Your name check is most likely completed. After RFE is replied they should approve it soon... as per my guess you should get an approval within a month.

damascus said:
Congrats!!

Did you have any LUDs after the RFE replied date and before approval of case? Also any info on your name check process?

I had RFE on Birth Certificate and replied on 05/22. There are LUD on 05/23 and 05/24 and then no changes. I am not sure if my name check is cleared.

TIA.

denvergc123 said:
Your name check is most likely completed. After RFE is replied they should approve it soon... as per my guess you should get an approval within a month.

I disperately hope my name check is cleared. BTW, when I inquired thru my senator in FEB-06 my name check was still pending.

Code 1 Biometrics taken most likely implies that your case is ready to be approved since it is taken for issuing the green card(photo/index print/signature). Also Feb to may is a lot of time.. for name check to be cleared. In my experience RFE indicates that your case is otherwise ready to be approved.

damascus said:
I disperately hope my name check is cleared. BTW, when I inquired thru my senator in FEB-06 my name check was still pending.

Damascus,
You had said that you received a letter saying "... we are actively reviewing your case.... if you don't hear back in 6 months...", similar to the letter I had received. When did you get that letter? Did you take senators's help after you got the letter? Please reply
Sanindia

PD Jan 2002
I485 ND July 2003
EB2 India NSC

is something going on.

guys,
i did my FP (code 3) on may 18th, however on status it doesn't show that FP were receieved or clreared. although message was changed .
message when applied.
we recieved ur application on 26th of April and we mailed u notice. its is taking 470 days to xxx days to process that kind of application.

message now. we received ur application on 26th of April. we will notify u decision as soon as processing is complete.

does that mean they have started processing it??

sanindia said:
Damascus,
You had said that you received a letter saying "... we are actively reviewing your case.... if you don't hear back in 6 months...", similar to the letter I had received. When did you get that letter? Did you take senators's help after you got the letter? Please reply
Sanindia

PD Jan 2002
I485 ND July 2003
EB2 India NSC

sanindia,

I received that "6 MONTHS" letter sometime in FEB-06 when my lawyer initiated inquiry with USCIS. After this I contacted senator and after 3 weeks the senator office sent a letter saying case is pending security checks and they refused to help on expediting the name check. That was around 03/15. And after that couple things happened as I said in prior posting.

since the RFE is issued in my case, I am confused now as whether my name check is cleared or NSC vigorously working on pre-adjudication and hence went thru file and issued RFE even if name check is pending. I guess I will call USCIS again, not that it will be helpful anyway.

I have a feeling that your case is ready for approval. I have not heard of USCIS preadjudicating cases that are pending due to name check. And your case is current, they will not spend the time to send you an RFE without reason to approve. Good luck

Recent LUD

I just receive this statement this morning from USCIS.

"Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on April 24, 2006. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates."

Any idea what this mean ? Thanks
I got my FP done yesterday.

AZCAL said:
I just receive this statement this morning from USCIS.

"Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on April 24, 2006. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates."

Any idea what this mean ? Thanks
I got my FP done yesterday.
This is the standard message these days. Previously they used to have something like..it is taking xxx to xxx days.