Approved

NS_IL

Registered Users (C)
I-485 approved for my wife and I on August 30th.

Updated RUPNET with my details:

RD - 06/27/2002
ND - 07/10/2002
RFE - Birth (07/13/2004)
RFE response received (08/13/2004)

Thank you

Thanks everyone. When you wait for something for a long time, and it actually happens, it takes time to sink in.

NS_IL,

Congrats!!

Did you track yr LUD changes? If so sis the LUD change & then stop.. Dit it change just before approval?

pl let us know

LUD changes

In this particular case after I submitted my RFE, it changed first on August 13th, the day they received my response and again on August 17th or 18th. After that it never changed until I got the approval.

However, for a long time my status had never changed. It was only after I submitted a change of address in January this year, my first FP results were updated after more than year. After that any time there was any activity it was immediately reflected on the USCIS website - second FP notification, second FP results, RFE notifications, etc

NS_IL,

Congrates! Enjoy your freedom.

One question, can you please share the details of RFE - Birth. And what documents did you submit? That will help whole lot of people who are about to submit their RFE reply. And did you submit your BC while filing I-485? Was it prepared recentely?

Thanks,
Mughda.

RFE Details

I did a late registration of birth for my wife and I in 2002. I submitted these along with my I-485 application. As expected, I got an RFE.

I submitted birth affidavits from our parents and two relatives. So totally, I submitted eight affidavits - four for my wife and four for me. I have heard cases where affidavits from just the parents were enough, just the relatives were enough, one from relative and parents etc..

Since I was expecting the RFE, I had already prepared the affidavits from our parents. But the lawyer insisted that I get two additional affidavits from relatives. I guess it is better to err by providing too much then too little.