Approved

Exile_2001

Registered Users (C)
Bit of a jammy ride but approved August 6th. Became an expert in AC21 law but never used it in the end...

WAC03029
EB1 (L1A)
Joined American parent company 11/01
Applied I140 2/02
Approved I140 6/02
Applied I485 10/02 - bit lazy to do the paperwork timely. Would have only made a few days difference!
FP1 12/02
Outsourced 11/03 - decided not to invoke AC21 as I reckoned I had a couple of years to go at that time.
Approved 2nd EADs and APs 2/04
Resigned from outsourcing company 2/04 - it was a rubbish job
Worked for friend for free for 6 months
FP2 07/04
Approved 8/6/04
Rejoined American parent company 8/9/04 - excellent timing!

2nd fingerprint

It was about the 27th July, results back on around the 30th. I went at the appointment date and time for those who take an interest.

(THIS IS WRONG - SEE MY NEXT POST)

Last edited by a moderator:
Exile_2001 said:
It was about the 27th July, results back on around the 30th. I went at the appointment date and time for those who take an interest.

Thanks and Wish you the very best!

BTW My fingerprints were 21st July, I am mixing it up with my spouse.

Cheers! I am sure you will be very soon. Most of my friends who have been approved were about 2-3 weeks after their 2nd FP. I mentally allowed for 2 months after the fingerprinting so as not to be disappointed. It all depends on when your assigned case officer next looks at your case.

I did my weekly online status on the 10th and nearly fell off my chair. If I'd checked on the Friday, I could have celebrated all weekend. Ah well, tomorrow is Friday again!

Out of interest, my colleague who was 6 months behind me in the process got approved 2 months before me. I was well happy for the guy. My overall journey because I did not need LC was quite short compared to some of the heroic efforts on this forum and I wish all my fellow travellers the best of luck. They seem to be at hyperspeed pre-election but with a number of different streams which is making it difficult to guess on approval dates.

WAC03029 - Still waiting

Congratulations!

I have the same WAC series as yours. Did 2nd FP on 07/17, updated on 07/26. LUD changed again on 08/02 and nothing after that. Planning to send a fax enquiry on the basis of concurrent approval theory that is floating around.

I will have to look that theory up!

It just depends if your case officer checks the case for the fingerprint approval weekly or whenever they feel like it.

I hope the no mandatory RFE policy holds up for all of you guys. Given my recent employment dramas, I would have had to wait a further 2 months to build up 3 payslips.

If not concurrent approval, what theory or rule supports WAC04 approvals when WAC02s are still waiting!

I am glad things worked out the way they did for you. Nobody should be harrassed for things that are totally out of one's control. That is, getting laid off resulting in changing employers etc. AC21 seems to be helping a lot of people in that respect.

Enjoy your freedom and all the best.

SGM

Thanks.
PM

Exile_2001 said:

Cheers! I am sure you will be very soon. Most of my friends who have been approved were about 2-3 weeks after their 2nd FP. I mentally allowed for 2 months after the fingerprinting so as not to be disappointed. It all depends on when your assigned case officer next looks at your case.

I did my weekly online status on the 10th and nearly fell off my chair. If I'd checked on the Friday, I could have celebrated all weekend. Ah well, tomorrow is Friday again!

Out of interest, my colleague who was 6 months behind me in the process got approved 2 months before me. I was well happy for the guy. My overall journey because I did not need LC was quite short compared to some of the heroic efforts on this forum and I wish all my fellow travellers the best of luck. They seem to be at hyperspeed pre-election but with a number of different streams which is making it difficult to guess on approval dates.

What is case status of your spouse?

Exile_2001 said:

Thanks. That sounds like a reasonable explanation. I will buy that for another 2 weeks!

SGM

Exile_2001

They approved my spouse same day August 6th. Her fingerprint approval arrived a day later on the 7th. Figure that out!

Funnily enough I have obeyed the green card rules to the day. It is for a future job offer. So (by utter chance) I was approved Friday and restarted at my original sponsor on the Monday. Never had to AC21 and my sponsor never changed in effect. Darn lucky and amazing timing!

I guess by concurrent approval you mean the same as the different streams I mentioned in an earlier post. I totally agree with that, they are definitely approving out of sequence. I guess one team deals with the new I140/485 concurrent approval, one team with the standard stream, and there are a sizeable number of older cases that seem to be left out for some reason. I have no theory for that anomaly. Plus a load of newer cases who have obviously given large bribes!