approved

botman

My case has been approved on 28th May.
My lawyer got the approval notices and farwarded me yesterday.
There was no update on USCIS site yet, still says finger prints rcvd ...
No RFE. Also my wife & daughter got approvals.
Its a great feeling of relief.
My best wishes to you all.

WAC-02-146
ND: Mar 27, 2002
AD: May 28, 2004

2FP: Feb 5, 2004
3APs approved
3rd EAD was applied
Did not change job

Congrats. Can you check your AVM

Does it also give the same old message?

Did you get approval notices in mail too?

status update

AVM has the same old status too.
Also I setup my email address for automatic updates a month ago,
but I did not receive any mails before or after approval.
I rcvd courtesy copies of approval also from USCIS.

This cracks me up

So they change the Last Updated date even when nothing happens on your case, but when something really important happens -- like an approval! -- they don't update the message or send you an e-mail. Excellent communication system...

Congratulations Botman!

Congratulations !!! Enjoy your Freedom !!!

Ps. Our case was approved on June 1st 2004 and the status on web changed on 2nd June 2004 and got emails for both me and my wife on 2nd June 2004.

Congratulations!.

PS.- Also in my case, we where approved on May 28th but the online status did not change and I still have not received e-mails, so from that perspective the online system was useless.

Need help

Hi

I completed the 2nd FP, RFE & Transferred to local office for interview...etc.

I attended the interview on March 2004.

They are holding the file because my FP are not yet cleared.

How can i find out more info on this...

I got a speeding ticket in Jan 2004 in Nevada, I didn't pay the ticket since my licence is from CT and working in CA.

Do you think this could be the reason why FBI records are still pending...???
How can i reach FBI to get more info???

Damn.... I hate my life & my fucking attitude:(

dec11thRD said:
I got a speeding ticket in Jan 2004 in Nevada, I didn't pay the ticket since my licence is from CT and working in CA.

Can you do that? I am confused. Either your ticket was reversed due to some reason (that means you did NOT get ticket) or you have to pay ticket no matter where your DL is and where you live, right?

Normally speeding ticket records does not go to FBI record because that is not a crime.

Hi dec11thRD,

There must be a date by which you need to pay your ticket and if you do not pay by that date, then they usually issue a Court date and you need to attend it. If you do not attend the Court on the specified date, they issue a arrest warrant. Now don't get alarmed by what I just wrote, but this is the procedure normally followed in most of the states in US. They might have sent the letter or might not have sent the letter also (depending on the address on the ticket is current or not and also whether you had mail forwarded), so you might want to call up the phone number that is stated on the speeding ticket and ask about the details and also ask if you could pay it now. Try calling them up and talk to them, I am sure they will be reasonale as it is not a big crime, but why wait for it to escalate. Moreover for your GC you won't mind paying the ticket and get it off your head.

I just paid the ticket

I don't know how the implecations.
they issued arrest warrent and penalties are too much..
the lady said she will pull the records with in an hour.

Damn... what a life i just paid $552 to the ticket...to buy peace.:)

Anyway how can i talk to FBI ... to find out more information on this.

GCGCWhereRU said:
Hi dec11thRD,

There must be a date by which you need to pay your ticket and if you do not pay by that date, then they usually issue a Court date and you need to attend it. If you do not attend the Court on the specified date, they issue a arrest warrant. Now don't get alarmed by what I just wrote, but this is the procedure normally followed in most of the states in US. They might have sent the letter or might not have sent the letter also (depending on the address on the ticket is current or not and also whether you had mail forwarded), so you might want to call up the phone number that is stated on the speeding ticket and ask about the details and also ask if you could pay it now. Try calling them up and talk to them, I am sure they will be reasonale as it is not a big crime, but why wait for it to escalate. Moreover for your GC you won't mind paying the ticket and get it off your head.

Ok, the normal rule is that the officer will ask if the address on your DL is current mailing address. If not, he/she will ask for your current address. Your ticket will be mailed to the current address you provided him/her. If you gave officer the wrong address or an address where you don't live anymore (plus there is no forwarding address given to post office), then you might be in trouble. At this point what step they take or what rule applies that varies on state to state. Some state directly issue arrest warrant, some state tries to contact the state DMV where your DL was issued, so that your local DMV they can take step - like sending notice or suspending your DL (that rule also varies state to state). I believe (as GCGCWhereRU mentioned) they can set a court date too (in my state California, the court date is not automatic - you can get court date only after you are replying the notice with the intention of "contest").

dec11thRD said:
I don't know how the implecations.
they issued arrest warrent and penalties are too much..
the lady said she will pull the records with in an hour.

Damn... what a life i just paid $552 to the ticket...to buy peace.:)

Anyway how can i talk to FBI ... to find out more information on this.

If you paid the ticket and there is arrest warrant issued already, I don't think there will be any implication on FBI check.
I guess you are paying $552 beccause you did not pay the ticket before due date.
Once I got ticket in Nevada (on I-15) for speeding, and the amount was not much (less than $100). Amount depends on speed though, but still $552 is too high.