Registered Users (C)
485 approved today. Here is the detail:

RD/ND: Jan, 02,
FP: May, 03
1st RFE: 4/1/04
2nd RFE: 4/19/04
2nd RFE ack: 5/3/04
AP: 5/10/04

I have some questions for guys who did the pp stamp. What type of photo is needed for pp stamp? Is it the same type of "immigraiton" photo we need for EAD and AP? The reason I am asking this is that I have a international trip scheduled this weekend. I am hoping I can get the approve letter this Thursday and get pp stamped Friday and I want get all the needed doc ready.

Also does anyone know what will happen if I don't get the approval letter before my trip? What will happen when I come back at POE? I have AP in my hand right now.

Best wishes for you all.

iip3,

Congrats....Enjoy....

Another confirmation that TSC is currently approving March to May 2003 FPs.

I refer you to SydneyRacquelle to answer your questions.

Good luck....

Please keep us posted...

My 1st RFE was for:
Medical (the doctor forgot to check the immunizaiton checkbox)
continous lawful status

2nd RFE was:
I did new physical exam instead of just do the immunizaiton part. I have 5 mm of reaction on skin TB test ( I only did X-ray for the 1st medical). The doctor said it was fine, but the officer didn't think so and requested me to do X-ray.

iip3,

Congrats !! Enjoy your freedom !

Could you please share the officer # for your RFE ? My wife got an RFE for medical for immunization. I would like to know if it is the same officer.
Thanks in advance for your help.

--gc_ckr

SydneyRacquelle, your thread helped me understand my situation.

I just talked to my attorney about travelling without approval notice and she said I should not travel before I got my passport stamped. Since it is so close to my trip, it very difficult for me to change my schedule. My manager is not going to like this. Man, I never thought it created so much headache for me with my 485 approval.

Could anyone advise me what type of photo is needed for passport stamp, just in case I get the approval letter on time??

Thanks.

iip3,

The same ADIT style photos that is used for AP and EAD. You need 2 photos with your name and A # printed on the back with a pencil. Your approval notice will have this info too.

--gc_ckr

Since it is very difficult for me change my travel schedule, I called the 1800 number and was told I can try to go to the USCIS local office to try to get passport stamped with the printed online status and photo ID.

I don't know if anyone has tried this. Could anyone give me some advice on this?

Congrats iip3
Logically thinking -
Online method is not an official medium of informing you that you case has been approved. There are many people who never check their status online. You should be able to consider your self as not approved untill you or your lawyer receives official communication from TSC. That means you can travel on your AP.

The other argument. The fact that your 485 is approved does not make you a PR automatically. You become a PR after your passport has been stamped. I don't see a problem if you leave the country with a valid AP and your case is approved while you are away. You can return to the country and then go for your stamping.

But we all know that logical does not always work with TSC and you should follow your lawyers advice.

harvydonald said:
Online method is not an official medium of informing you that you case has been approved.

I do NOT see why NOT...It is TSC official website...and the officer can verify approval...

harvydonald said:
There are many people who never check their status online.

I agree. However, this does NOT make on-line status less significant than mail approval...

harvydonald said:
You should be able to consider your self as not approved untill you or your lawyer receives official communication from TSC.

TOTALLY disagree...TSC official website is an "official communication"...

harvydonald said:
The other argument. The fact that your 485 is approved does not make you a PR automatically. You become a PR after your passport has been stamped.

Again, TOTALLY disagree...Approval automatically makes you a PR....PP is only for travel BEFORE receiving the plastic card...I know of many who NEVER PP...

Just my 2 cents ;)

Because my attorney is so against me to travel without pp stamp, I think I would not travel without the stamp.

I talked my attorney again today and I mentioned going for pp stamp with online status print out. She believes it is possible to get pp stamp that way.

Here are the doc I will bring with me (some of them are suggested by the attorney):
print out of online status
company letter explaining why the trip is needed and can't be rescheduled
485 receipt notice
the normal doc needed for pp stamp(pp, 2 photos, APs,EADs)

iip3,

You need to take your I-94 along with all the docs that you mentioned..

Good luck with your stamping !

gc_ckr

I received the courtesy copy of my 485 approval today.

The approval notice says they( Charlotte office) process pp stamp on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thurday. I am thinking of going there tomorrow (Friday) to try to get pp stamped anyway. Did anyone ever go to Charlotte office on Friday for pp stamp? Anybody has any suggestions?

Thanks.