Approved.......

Nicosia

Registered Users (C)
Folks

Finally our (mine and family) 485 was approved yesterday. THe dreaded message finally changed to approved. My EAD renewal was pending for almost 4 months now. I had called the customer service and tried to jog their memory. May be that's what triggered it. Whatever...

RD 6/2001
ND 8/2001
AD (Online message) 2/23
SRC01252XXXXX

DId not receive RFE at any stage (3 AP's, 3 EAD's). Changed job, did not inform (per lawyer). No address change.

On a seperate note I recently read some gripes about lawyers. Mine (hired by me) was a perfectionist for documentation. And very prompt. Always marked copies of all documents to me very promptly. However as far as verbal communication goes...Hmmm... total letdown. Will rarely talk to me and that too always bottomline.........can't say......I am a lawyer not a decision/policy maker.

I will appreciate if anybody can post stamping experience at Houston. How early we need to go? WHat all the docs need to be taken?

Thanks a lot guys. I always left this forum with mixed feelings..hope,despair,frustrations... Best of luck to all of you , especially 2001 filers. You are almost there.

Congrats, Nicosia. Best wishes.
You might want to name your lawyer for benefit of others.

Best wishes.

Congrats and enjoy your freedom !!

My attorney was from Houston. Ann Pinchak and associates. I have nothing but good things to say about them. Perfectionalists to the core and very professional. They make you run and get things done in a hurry so that you don't waste anytime between each stage during the whole GC process. I highly recommend them.