Approved.

Jharkhandi

Registered Users (C)
LC Certified - today afternoon.

Thanks to all on ran123, yeswe, LCForever, usnycus, kishuibm, ginnu, Jim and all of you.

And ofcourse Assur - good news finally...

PD - April 12, 2002
SESA - CT
DOL - Boston
Approval On Feb 17, 2004

Congratulations Jharkhandi!! ... Hope to see you in 140/485 threads when I make it there..

>> On second thoughts may be I should not be hoping to catch you in those forums, if my case drags on for ever in LC, my hope will become a curse for you :) :) -- Best wishes for the road ahead.

Originally posted by Jharkhandi

Thanks to all on ran123, yeswe, LCForever, usnycus, kishuibm, ginnu, Jim and all of you.

PD - April 12, 2002
SESA - CT
DOL - Boston
Approval On Feb 17, 2004

Thanks lca_001, thanks Ray.

I have had just 2 LCs applied like ...

:cool:

Never an american - born Indian , will live as an Indian all my life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jharkhandi -

Congrates! Best wishes for your other stages of waiting game. But be active member in LC forum as now, coz you have good amount of knowledge on LC processing and of course your sense of humor will be always needed.

Thanks hari4gc and thanks TAMIL_GC.

I will be around - no question about that.

For sense of humor - USCIS has much better one then all of us taken together.

:cool:

congrats jharkhandi
at last you got it. all the best for your future 140/485.
hope we'll catch you there in 140/485 forum.

pd 8/3/2001 NY dol
dont know when my labor will clear from NY

Originally posted by Jharkhandi

PD - April 12, 2002
SESA - CT
DOL - Boston
Approval On Feb 17, 2004
I hope you will post one more for GC approval, one day.
Good luck, great relief.

Congrats! - Please help me with LC,GC info

Hi Jharkhandi,

Firstly Congrats on ur success!!!!

After going thru all the forum msgs - thought that u could help me with my qstns - looks like u have huge knowlege abt LC,GC processes.

Here is my situation & qstns:

I have 2 yrs left on my H1B (Expiring on Feb 2006) & my company has just agreed to file my GC provided i bear the entire cost. Please help me with these questions.

1)What is the cost of filing teh GC (i have heard ranges from $5,000 to $7,000)

2)Does it vary from comp to comp /lawyer to lawyer?

3)R there chances of getting my labour cleared by FEB 2006(Probably it will be filed from TX Services center) ?

4)Under What conditions will my 7th yr of extension be granted?(For ex - if my LC is not cleared by Feb 2006 will i get a 7th yr extn)

5)Last but not the least - Should i file my GC or return to India - becoz of teh outsourcing issue - i dont know how conditions will be in teh near future. I am a consultant - Not into permanent. Every 6 months i have to find a new project. (In the present situation - there r less opportunities, tougher interiews / teh other option being relocating)

Thanks in adv

Gaa Gaa GC

Gaa,

Thanks a lot.

After going thru all the forum msgs - thought that u could help me with my qstns - looks like u have huge knowlege abt LC,GC processes.

Not really - I would suggest a professional lawyer. I am a layman like anyone else.

Cost of LC varies from lawyer to lawyer. The fees are pretty standard but lawyer fees may vary. Shop around. Also there was one nice link by Ray on how to get good lawyer - if you search - I am sure you will get the link.

About Feb 2006 - it is far in future - nothing can be predicted right now. Keep an eye on uscis website - they are planning to reduce backlogs. But then I have been hearing that for a long time. However in case PERM comes in picture - expect some changes. It does not hurt to apply anyways - so go ahead and apply - unless you have option from a faster state.

If you apply before Feb 2005 under current LC processing then you are eligible for yearly extension. If PERM comes then it will be lots different.

About going back to India - that is your personal decision - I cannot help in that. I am in consulting and surviving till now - things do not seem that bad in NJ/NY area. It is much better compared to 2001.

Jharkhandi

Couldn't congrats you earliar as I am out of US.

Also, welcome to second line of long wait..i.e I-140...:D

good luck

hey there, kinda new to the forum except for the 1 question i asked ..well anywayz congrats !!!

good for ya that u dint get caught at Chi town's stinkin DOL !!

Re: good luck

Originally posted by Vish1348
hey there, kinda new to the forum except for the 1 question i asked ..well anywayz congrats !!!

good for ya that u dint get caught at Chi town's stinkin DOL !!

Thanks a lot Vish1348. I was caught in another stinkin SESA - DOL was good though.

Hi Jharkhandi,
Many Many Congrats for your LC.
I wish you good luck for rest of you process and God Bless You. I wish Sky is the limit for you.
Good Luck!

Originally posted by nitu
Hi Jharkhandi,
Many Many Congrats for your LC.
I wish you good luck for rest of you process and God Bless You. I wish Sky is the limit for you.
Good Luck!

Thanks a lot nitu. I am almost... your post is wonderful - made my day.