APPROVED!!! -- Work for Sponsered employer after Approval ???

eageruser

Registered Users (C)
Guy's

I changed 2 job(s) before my I-485 approval(after I-485 pending for more than 850 days) and i have not used AC21 when changed jobs, i have read in some threads saying that we need to work for sponsered employer in case of not informing USCIS upon approval of I-485,

Please could someone post me more information on this.

Thanks,

PD : Aug 2003
I-140/I-485 RD: Dec 2003
FP1 Jan 2005
FP2 May 2007
I-485 LUD's : 08/07/07, 08/08/07, 08/14/07, 08/15/2007, 08/16/2007,

08/26/2007, 08/29/2007, 08/30/2007
I-485 AD: 08/15/2007:) :)
I-485 : 08/30/2007 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED:) :)

Wife's case:
FP1 Jan 2005
FP2 May 2007
I-485 LUD's : 05/15/2007

I-485 AD: ????

No you don't need to, as long as the other employers had you in a "same or similar" job. For the citizenship application, your original sponsoring employer won't be listed on your employment history after the green card approval. So mention the AC21 portability provisions and make sure you have the documented proof of "same or similar" by the time you apply for citizenship.

Jackolantern, did you mean "same or similar" job before or after approval? I am still with the sponsoring employer but I am considering change.

thanks!

Jackolantern, did you mean "same or similar" job before or after approval? I am still with the sponsoring employer but I am considering change.
I was referring to job changes before the approval. When you do that, all you are doing is porting the GC process to the new job; upon approval you should work for the new employer or the original sponsoring employer.

How long? Most lawyers seem to say six months. But it is a grey area and nobody knows for sure. A few members of this board reported getting hassled at the citizenship interview for leaving the employer too fast, but they eventually got citizenship. Who knows what the interviewers will think 5 years from now. All I can say is that the longer you stay with the employer is the less the risk will be of running into trouble at the citizenship interview. But if you leave one or two weeks after the GC approval, it looks like you were simply waiting for the GC in order to leave the employer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joining GC sponser Employer

After getting green card how soon one is suppose to join GC sposnsoring employer?I have my GC approved and working for different employer. I can not use AC 21 as GC is approved in less than 6 months.Can I joing back GC sponsore after 2-3 months? will it be ok?

Thanks,

GC restrictions ??

I was referring to job changes before the approval. When you do that, all you are doing is porting the GC process to the new job; upon approval you should work for the new employer or the original sponsoring employer.

How long? Most lawyers seem to say six months. But it is a grey area and nobody knows for sure. A few members of this board reported getting hassled at the citizenship interview for leaving the employer too fast, but they eventually got citizenship. Who knows what the interviewers will think 5 years from now. All I can say is that the longer you stay with the employer is the less the risk will be of running into trouble at the citizenship interview. But if you leave one or two weeks after the GC approval, it looks like you were simply waiting for the GC in order to leave the employer.

So...after all this years wait, when we get GC, restrictions are still not over??
I know many GC applicant wants to change employer for better opportunities that are being offered to them now,but can not take because of pending 485 and they will go for it as soon as GC is approved. If thats affecting citizenship prospects then its depressing.
One person I know has left Job alltogather after GC was approved and now running his successful business, How is he affected for Citizenship? Is it necessary for us to hold job in software in order to get citizenship ??

It doesn't matter how long you've been waiting. EBGC is all about future employment. So, if you get your GC, you have to stay with the sponsor (or the company you joined under AC-21) for some time. Otherwise, you violate the INA provisions you might have issues at citizenship step in the future (or even earlier, if your sponsor reports to USCIS about your early leave).
However, if your employer fires you, you're ok in terms of obeying INA. So, if you hate your employer, make them fire you.

So...after all this years wait, when we get GC, restrictions are still not over??

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

My friend is in same situation. below is issue.

He has got his GC approved by employer say 'A'(future employer) but is working for different employer 'B'. He wants to continue work for current employer 'B'.Can he do this?Does he need to submit any documents or inform INS?The future employer 'A' is ok for him to work with current employer as he wishes.Are there any issues involved regarding naturalization?Please suggest.

When is your I-140 approved??
I did not see 140 info in your signature.

Guy's

I changed 2 job(s) before my I-485 approval(after I-485 pending for more than 850 days) and i have not used AC21 when changed jobs, i have read in some threads saying that we need to work for sponsered employer in case of not informing USCIS upon approval of I-485,

Please could someone post me more information on this.

Thanks,

FP1 Jan 2005
FP2 May 2007
I-485 LUD's : 08/07/07, 08/08/07, 08/14/07, 08/15/2007, 08/16/2007,

08/26/2007, 08/29/2007, 08/30/2007
I-485 AD: 08/15/2007:) :)
I-485 : 08/30/2007 CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED:) :)

Wife's case:
FP1 Jan 2005
FP2 May 2007
I-485 LUD's : 05/15/2007

I-485 AD: ????

Hi friends
every where problems
where is the problem there is the solution
just u have fun & relax who ever approved for GC

thanks

Hi,

Please find my friends case below:

My friend is working for employer 'A', But he has parallely got his GC approved by employer 'B'(future employer) ,He wants to continue work for current employer 'A'.

Can he do this?Does he need to submit any documents or inform INS?

The future employer 'B' is ok for my friend to work with current employer as he wishes.

Will there be any issues involved during naturalization?Please suggest.