Approved while on vacation

nlssubbu

Registered Users (C)
I got a mail from USCIS on July 27th that my application is approved and cards are ordered.

I do not know whether the cards are reached me as I am out of country.

Thanks to all members of this forum for their advice, support and encouragement shown during the difficult periods. I only wish everyone get their cards soon.

Thanks

what should one enter US if no AP available?

Make sure, you do not enter using your H1-B visa.

In this case, the 485 was approved when one is out of country. what if there is no AP but only H1 stamping?
thanks!

Contact your Attorney

I guess, at the POE one should show the approval and get their I-551 stamp in your passport.

In this case, the 485 was approved when one is out of country. what if there is no AP but only H1 stamping?
thanks!

I guess, at the POE one should show the approval and get their I-551 stamp in your passport.

thank you for your reply.
do you mean by the printout of the email, or should ask someone to send the hardcopy of 485 approval/green card to outside US?

If possible, get the original by FedEx. Else, a copy of the email and online case status should do. Either way, don't forget to consult an attorney.

thank you for your reply.
do you mean by the printout of the email, or should ask someone to send the hardcopy of 485 approval/green card to outside US?

I believe, without holding the physical GC. You are not a GC holder. I assume, in your case, what is your status to get you out of US is what will get you in.

But, I will have a very good friend to check you mailbox daily and FX the GC to you. Worst to worst, wait until you get the GC and holding it before return to US.

I have AP and will be entering using that

I have Advance Parole with me and will be entering using that. I already sent a mail to my attorney regarding this and at this time it seems they are too busy filing 485 to meet the deadline.

I hope I do not encounter any problem.

Thanks

No need for someone to send the card to you in India. You can come in with parole and tell the IO that your GC got approved while in India. He will stamp the parole for 1 year and tell you that next time you need not have parole but can use GC instead. On entering you will be a permanent resident automatically.

I believe, without holding the physical GC. You are not a GC holder. I assume, in your case, what is your status to get you out of US is what will get you in.

But, I will have a very good friend to check you mailbox daily and FX the GC to you. Worst to worst, wait until you get the GC and holding it before return to US.

Please note that your theory is invalid and people please consult your attorney if you are in such scenario.

I know couple of cases who were still on H1( good old days when GC was taking less than 2 years) used to get a passport stamp at POE. Thats how it should be.

Me too got approved while on vacation.

My 485 got approved while i was on vacation, my lawyer said use the AP at the POE.

I used AP and entered US, checked my mailbox and there they were - Our Cards.

Thanks to this forum I learned a lot, I wish I knew this place earlier.

All the best for rest of people who are still waiting for their turn.

After entering using AP do you need to do anything else?? Because if you entered using GC you will not get I94,but now you have I94. What do you do with that?? Do you go and surrender at local office?? Is there anyother formalities to be done after entering using AP??

I planning go on vocation.My I-94 already expired,but I have an AP documents. could it be a problem?
Thank you

If your I94 expired, you are probably out of status here. Did you enter on AP before, or is it the first time you are going to use AP??

My visa and the I-94 expired after I applied for I-485. So now I am waiting for GC.
I applied for AP together with my I-485 application.
I understood that in order to re-enter the US I need my passport and valid AP.
I know when you are out of the US you allways take a chance, but how big of a risk do you think in my situation?
Thank you

If your I94 expired, you are probably out of status here. Did you enter on AP before, or is it the first time you are going to use AP??
Nope -- one's status is just fine if they have a pending 485 even though the I-94 is "expired".

Pending 485 gives you the legal status to remain in the US.

What if GC approved just before overseas trip?

I'm worried as I have to make a number of business trips overseas when the I-485 is pending. :confused:

What if the GC is approved just before (like hours) or even the day before the overseas trip? Would holding an AP make a difference since technically you're not supposed to travel out with the AP since its no longer valid once the GC is approved? Wouldn't this be a big risk since you may not even know your GC got approved (eg. if CRIS didn't send you an email/is late etc.)

Did anyone experience this situation and how did you get through it?