Approved - WAC-02-080

Ven7075

Registered Users (C)
Its my turn to say that my self and my wife's case got approved.

Thanks to Rajiv for maintaining this portal and to all moderators/volunteers for their help and effort.

Here is some details of my case:
ND/RD Jan 2002
1st FP Mar 2002
2nd FP Generated on 04/21/04 scheduled for 05/01/04
(I don't know why such a shot notice)
RFE Issue on 05/07, Received on - 05/12 (for Medical - Tetunus is missing)
USCIS Received the Response on 05/26
Last update date changed on 6/15/2004
The USCIS web site is still not updated and the Last Update date was 6/15/2004.
Received Approval Notice (coutesy copy) regular mail on 6/17/2004

GC7075

GC7075 said:
RFE Issue on 05/07, Received on - 05/12 (for Medical - Tetunus is missing)

When my wife and I did our medicals in June of 2002 at the INS approved doctor, he told us that proof of Tetanus was not currently (then) required because the government stocks of Tetanus vaccine were running low, and they couldn't give them anyway! I verified that with my lawyer at the time... wonder if I will get an RFE on that one?

WIK,
Don't believe those doctors. They are fools and fooled us. I got the RFE last month for new I-693 supplement form. My doctor charged $60 for each of us just for tetnus shot and gave a new I-693 form. But when I did my medical first time in Dec 2001, he said the same thing that its not available but not needed. But he did not select the "meets all vaccine requirements" in the I-693 supplement form. I overlooked that time, so I had to take the shot last month after I got RFE.

If u don't get RFE, u are lucky otherwise, u may have to take it.

485Victim said:
WIK,
Don't believe those doctors. They are fools and fooled us. I got the RFE last month for new I-693 supplement form. My doctor charged $60 for each of us just for tetnus shot and gave a new I-693 form. But when I did my medical first time in Dec 2001, he said the same thing that its not available but not needed. But he did not select the "meets all vaccine requirements" in the I-693 supplement form. I overlooked that time, so I had to take the shot last month after I got RFE.

If u don't get RFE, u are lucky otherwise, u may have to take it.

That would be a real drag. Anway, I had a tetanus shot about a year ago after injuring my hand - would verification from the hospital be good enough, or do the INS make you use the overpriced doctors on their list only?

To the best of my knowledge, "meets all vaccine requirements" was included on our 693 - I remember specifically going over the form and results with him when we were done. He was too expensive, but nice at least.

Anyway, we'll see what happens.

wik said:
That would be a real drag. Anway, I had a tetanus shot about a year ago after injuring my hand - would verification from the hospital be good enough, or do the INS make you use the overpriced doctors on their list only?

To the best of my knowledge, "meets all vaccine requirements" was included on our 693 - I remember specifically going over the form and results with him when we were done. He was too expensive, but nice at least.

Anyway, we'll see what happens.

Yes, that should be enough. The hospital generally gives you an immunization card, if they haven't then go get the immunization card updated. After that Im not sure if you have to go to an INS certififed doc to fill the supplemental form for the tetanus done or just the copy of the immunization would suffice.