Approved Today

maggyban

Registered Users (C)
So I had my interview today. The IO was sick but still showed up so I was very happy for that but a bit scared since she was droopy. Anyway, the interview was scheduled for 1:30 PM and we go there about 1:05. We were called in at about 1:45PM and was out at about 2:10 PM. She swore us in and asked the no questions. She then proceeded to tell me that I was to sign the I 864A since my wife was unemployed at the time I sent in the forms and I used my income (that was weird but I did complete the form there on the spot). She asked us for evidence of life together and utility bills. We had those. She looked at some pictures. Then she asked how we met and my wife explained. The IO then said I was approved but would not see anything on the USCIS website probably until saturday because she was very sick and tired. That was pretty much it.

So I had my interview today. The IO was sick but still showed up so I was very happy for that but a bit scared since she was droopy. Anyway, the interview was scheduled for 1:30 PM and we go there about 1:05. We were called in at about 1:45PM and was out at about 2:10 PM. She swore us in and asked the no questions. She then proceeded to tell me that I was to sign the I 864A since my wife was unemployed at the time I sent in the forms and I used my income (that was weird but I did complete the form there on the spot). She asked us for evidence of life together and utility bills. We had those. She looked at some pictures. Then she asked how we met and my wife explained. The IO then said I was approved but would not see anything on the USCIS website probably until saturday because she was very sick and tired. That was pretty much it.

Congratulation Maggyban..............big relief

Congrats!
was it a small girl in her mid 20s in glasses?

COngrats to you! I am under so much stress now because of my interview. Did she stamp your passport?

She said she would not bother to stamp my passport because she was confident it would be in my mail in the next 5-6 business day.

Let's see how truthful that is.

Congrats maggyban!!!

My husband and I have our interview on Monday and we're getting nervous! Hope our interview in Houston, TX goes well like yours did!!!

Hi!
Do you think it makes any difference on the interview where you from? Maybe for some countries there is longer wait to be approved? What do you think?

Congrats Maggyban.

Maria1984, I do not know personally if where you are from has a direct incidence on your interview, nevertheless I think it may have some incidence on the time it takes for the completion of the name check/background check. Since your interview cannot be approved before the NC has cleared, that may cause the delays.

Congrats Maggyban.

Maria1984, I do not know personally if where you are from has a direct incidence on your interview, nevertheless I think it may have some incidence on the time it takes for the completion of the name check/background check. Since your interview cannot be approved before the NC has cleared, that may cause the delays.

NC has cleared already, so it shouldnt be a problem! It looks like IO was on training or something like that. She was in her mid 20s, She took notes of everything we said!!!! ( does every IO do that?) I think she has superviser, who will have to check everything we said once again. What do you think abt it?

Congratulations Maggyban!

I too am appearing for my interview at the Pittsburgh DO in April. It is good to hear someone having had a pleasant experience at the interview.