approved today!!

thanks & stamping experience

Since there are so many who posted, will like to thank each and every one of you who replied back to my post. Over the last 3 1/2 years every time I've needed information this has been my first source and only then the lawyers sites. I'd love to offer up any help/tips if anyone has questions...Thanks everyone who replied - thanks for the good wishes. It feels great, kind of an anticlimax but good.

***************THE STAMPING EXPERIENCE**********
My wife and I got to the JFK building at roughly 620 AM. We were standing outside in the 5-10F weather and at roughly 630 AM we all figured (about 10 of us) that we were standing at the wrong entrance. (Note to all - the entrance to the really tall building is only if you have appointments - the entrance for walk-ins/all others is the building all the way around, so the street parallel to Cambridge St). Stood in line till about 645 AM and the guard then asked the 50-60 of us there to come in to the inner area before the security checkpoint to avoid the cold - Thanks man whoever you were, very nice of you, just humane but compared to general experiences with those people very nice indeed.

Some amount of arguing and cussing from some in the line as the line disappeared and people started pushing etc. Anyway got in and got a ticket number for an H queue (the boards dont have an H entry but just wait and the H is inconsequential just an ordering thing...the number if what u need to look at). This was around 730AM. Sat around till about 900 and finally got called to booth 9. Nice lady, took a look at all my documents and pointed out that there was a shadow in the photographs and I needed to redo them (~should be noted that I had submitted photographs from the same place - motophoto - for the previous requirements and no prob,) luckily their photo office had no line and i got a pair done there asap. Came back to the counter, then another ethnic couple decided it was time to chat to the officer about their case. Oh well i didnt mind. The officer then looked at the photos, stapled them to the 485 approval notice and the I-94 and took my passport and stamped it (the stamp is a total anticlimax, the US B1/B2's look way better and neater, the 551 stamp is just a red ink stamp..) and told me to wait 3-6 mos for the plastic card and that was it. Came outside and felt like......nothing....back to work hehe...
Finally got back to my car at 915AM. So roughly 3 hours if you get there early....
*************END OF STAMPING EXPERIENCE**********
Like I said life just goes on and its kinda an anticlimax when you do get the stamp. The important thing is life goes on in either case and I was prepared with that in any eventuality so would advise you all the same...

Best of luck.

Congrats

A quick approval with speedy stamping, and back to work without overhead of checking the status....

wish many of us experience the same soon.

thanks

Thanks much rajudm,doc and bakra - bakra no RFEs.
vsc_babu a lot of my dates and yours are quite similar.so maybe yours will come thru soon as well.