Approved!!! (still dependent pending)

yoginm73

Registered Users (C)
Approved or not approved (that is the question) !!! (still dependent pending)

I got my FP notice yesterday. THe fp is scheduled for today. However I have not received my wife's FP notice. I checked with USCIS today morning, and they cannot see any FP information on my or my wifes case. My lawyer also did not receive it. So probably her FP notice has not yet been issued.

Today morning (5:30AM), I got emails from CRIS (magic email), that my application was approved.
On July 26, 2006, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

My wifes case is still pending. There is no LUD on her case also. However there is an LUD on my I140 case. As per lawyer it would be ok to take my wife along with my FP notice and explain them the case and see if they can take her FP. What are the odds for this? How do I convince them to take my wife FP without FP notice?

What will happen to my wife's case? Will she get approved also before Aug 1? As per a USCIS representation, my case was approved even though my FP had expired, because as per USCIS, the FP's are still good for approval. But I still do have to complete the procedure and get a fbi clearance on my FP. Will they approve similarly for my wife? Are they waiting for my FP to be cleared and then they approve dependent?

Last edited by a moderator:
Got SAme message

I got the same message on July 21

"On July 21, 2006, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."

Does this mean approval ?

EB2 India
Priority Date 3/2002
FIngerprinting done June 20 2006 after receiving NOID
No update on Dependent case her Bio code 3 done Mar 8 2006

I think its approval. Call USCIS and check.
I called USCIS and they did say that primary is approved.

Congrauts!

yoginm73 said:
I got my FP notice yesterday. THe fp is scheduled for today. However I have not received my wife's FP notice. I checked with USCIS today morning, and they cannot see any FP information on my or my wifes case. My lawyer also did not receive it. So probably her FP notice has not yet been issued.

Today morning (5:30AM), I got emails from CRIS (magic email), that my application was approved.
On July 26, 2006, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

My wifes case is still pending. There is no LUD on her case also. However there is an LUD on my I140 case. As per lawyer it would be ok to take my wife along with my FP notice and explain them the case and see if they can take her FP. What are the odds for this? How do I convince them to take my wife FP without FP notice?

What will happen to my wife's case? Will she get approved also before Aug 1? As per a USCIS representation, my case was approved even though my FP had expired, because as per USCIS, the FP's are still good for approval. But I still do have to complete the procedure and get a fbi clearance on my FP. Will they approve similarly for my wife? Are they waiting for my FP to be cleared and then they approve dependent?
Congratulations on your approval..and welcome to the GC club!
Hope things work out for your wife too!!
Now where is that $1000??? :)

Congrats...!

I am in the same boat. Mine was approved on July 10th but wife case is still pending. I don't think we can make it by 31st. Need to wait till Oct.

Kishore

Wife case Pending

My wife's case is pending as well .

Kishore did your message had the same text as ours.

As when i called USCIS they said they did not have any info if the case is approved wait for the approval notice.

Yoginm73 - Are you sure?

In my understanding, the following message also comes up -
when Fingerprint Notice gets returned to USCIS....

"On July 21, 2006, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."

When one calls USCIS - they tell them that it might be an approval....the customer reps are pretty dumb!

Are you sure this message meant approval?

I sincerely hope that - this is your approval ....

Hate to be a skeptic...but would rather tell you all the facts....so that you can make a better decision...

Mine may be the case of fingerprinting notice being returned as i had this message previously

'Our last written notice in this case was returned as undeliverable by the post office on July 21, 2006. To update the mailing address so this notice can be re-sent, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

the message means approved. But i also have doubts about my approval.
So I called USCIS again just now using POJ trick.
At the end of POJ trick there are 2 options press 3 or 4.
option 3 transfers to National Customer service center.
option 4 transfters to TSC.

First I tried option 4, and the tsc rep told that my case is still pending security clearance. The message is because my address on their file is wrong and that the status inquiry mails sent to that address came back.

Then I tried option 3, and the National service rep said that it is approved and it was mailed yesterday. For my wife case they said that I did not give a referral for my wife case, and hence her case was not taken up. Now to give a referral for her, I have to wait for 30 days before they can take another referral.

Looks odd, but I am thinking, I need to wait till I see a status of card ordered or mailed.
Toxci, what do you think the status means? Did you get the same message for your approval?

Yoginm73,
This is great news. Congratulations buddy. The wife's GC will come too. Your battle is won!

yoginm73 said:

First I tried option 4, and the tsc rep told that my case is still pending security clearance. The message is because my address on their file is wrong and that the status inquiry mails sent to that address came back.

Then I tried option 3, and the National service rep said that it is approved and it was mailed yesterday. For my wife case they said that I did not give a referral for my wife case, and hence her case was not taken up. Now to give a referral for her, I have to wait for 30 days before they can take another referral.

Looks odd, but I am thinking, I need to wait till I see a status of card ordered or mailed.
Toxci, what do you think the status means? Did you get the same message for your approval?

yoginm73 said:

No..I got the following message on approval..I always thought this is a standard message for approval from TSC!!

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number:
Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or
to Adjust Status
Current Status:
This case has been approved. On June 13, 2006, an approval notice was
mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice,
you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address,
please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business
hours.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or
advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please
contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

If the representative told you that the approval notice has been mailed, it may be right..you may want to try at TSC again tomorrow..approval notices are mailed from service centers (as far as I know) and they should have latest information. I received 'card ordered' mail on June 15th..watch out for your online status message..if it was approval, it should change by Friday evening.
Good luck!

Another funny thing i just also noticed is that there is LUD on all of my cases. (I140, past 2 EADs and 2 APs). They all have LUDs. My wifes cases does not have any.

I think its the National Service center which issues visa numbers to the service centers. The service centers call the NSC for visa numbers. Would it be NSC updating the status that they sent an approval to the TSC for my case. Once TSC receives it and apply to my case, then my case would be approved. Thats sound like a theory.

Checkup with USCIS

Recently, my friends case got the same message....
"Document has been mailed to register/approval has been mailed"....and he called USCIS....
then they told him that his Notice came back and they had gotten his AR11 Form for Change of Address and then they resent the Notice for the petition to the new address....

and he received LUDs on all his pending applications....I guess they updated his address for all the forms on file...

I sincerely hope - In your case, it's not due to a AR11 Form that you recently submitted, as in my Friend's case?

I think an Infopass appointment should be able to tell you in a day....if it's really an approval or not...

Best of Luck/Congrats....

After researching in the forums for similar messages, I think its not an approval yet. But it could be around corner. THis is what happened. THey sent an FP notice to my old address and it went back. Since it went back they checked for my AR11 form then, and found in their records a new address. So they now mailed to my new address. And hence the message. However they had also sent the fp notice to my lawyer which I got then and did my FP today.

But the message means that they resent the FP notice (probably with a new appointment) to my new address.

More Confusion

One of my friends got the same message as Yogi and I and his lawyer told him its RFE. He called TSC they could not tell anything one month down the line he gets his card in mail

Go Figure !

This link (http://www.ilw.com/seminars/august2002_citation2b.pdf) explains in great detail how the entire GC is processed. Its old and some procedures would have changed.
The 485 approval process is somewhere around the 150th page. Someone can go and read in detail whats going on. They do not seem to be looking at the country/category quota. It seems that they check the applicable visa bulettin and approve based on that. WHich makes me think that anyone can be approved by July 31.

yoginm73 said:
This link (http://www.ilw.com/seminars/august2002_citation2b.pdf) explains in great detail how the entire GC is processed. Its old and some procedures would have changed.
The 485 approval process is somewhere around the 150th page. Someone can go and read in detail whats going on. They do not seem to be looking at the country/category quota. It seems that they check the applicable visa bulettin and approve based on that. WHich makes me think that anyone can be approved by July 31.
yoginm73,
I could not look into the document but looks like its very old. DOS is working on country quota for India in FY2006. I have done some research on this topic. Please follow "EB2 Unavailable" thread under "Priority Dates Retrogression Issues". This will tell you how DOS is working. or follow this link
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=219339&page=3

Yesterday 7/28, I got a FP notice for my wife (issued 7/27), within a day. The appointment was for 8/9. But I went today anyway (sat 8am) when the ASC opens. THere was a queue, and we were last. They took everyone in, filled a form and they immediately took my wife then. I guess the others were still filling the forms. We were out by 825am. No questions asked. So I have my wifes FP done too.
There has been no update on my case yet. No LUD also. I did my FP on 7/27. MOnday is the last day for my hopes.
THe status change on 7/27 on my 485 case must be due to the FP notice of my wife which was sent to my new address directly. So definitely the message was not an approval.

Last year I got the same " ... based on approval or registration to send the the person to who.." message, and the 800# person told me it was an approval. However it turned out to be the undelieved mails back to CIS due to my address change. However, I heard someone who received this message were eventially approved. So best wishes to you.

Your case status will be updated to " On July 28, we received your FP results..." on Monday ( tomorrow ).