Approved RD -- Oct 2002

spkrt1003

Registered Users (C)
Approved RD -- Oct 2002, Passport stamped...

Hi friends,

I am very happy to tell you all that mine and my wife's I-485 applications have been approved on March 18 2004. I received the approval letters on March 26, 2004. We were so delighted because we expected that it would take one more year for our applications to get approved. I had also stopped checking the status for the past 15 days. So guys do not lose hope. Your days will come too.

I did sign up mine and my wife's A# for the class action suit filed by Rajiv Khanna. I do not know if our approval has anything to do with that.

I will have to go to Baltimore for stamping. Please share your experiences for Baltomore with us. Also, I will be changing my residence from April 04 2004. I will file AR-11 for us. But my question is, since there is a lag time betwen filing AR-11 and actual change of address by BCIS, should I tell the officer (when I go for stamping at Baltimore) about the new address ? If I do so will they send the green cards at the new address ? Please share experiences.

I would like to thank you all for the support, implicit or explicit, that you provide for each other. Last but not least I would like to thank (actually I cannot thank him enough) Rajiv Khanna for providing such a great support for all members fo this community. Kudos to you Rajiv. People of your character are rare. Thanks a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
New address

spkrt1003 ,

Congratulations!!! (after a longgggggggg waiting)

If you already have the new address where u will be moving in,then please provide the new address for sending the Green Card.

Just by filing AR-11 alone is not going to help you to recieve your green card to the new address.

So please DO NOT FORGET to mention you new address while getting ur passport stamped.

~Mad

Originally posted by spkrt1003
Hi friends,

I am very happy to tell you all that mine and my wife's I-485 applications have been approved on March 18 2004. I received the approval letters on March 26, 2004. We were so delighted because we expected that it would take one more year for our applications to get approved. I had also stopped checking the status for the past 15 days. So guys do not lose hope. Your days will come too.

I did sign up mine and my wife's A# for the class action suit filed by Rajiv Khanna. I do not know if our approval has anything to do with that.

I will have to go to Baltimore for stamping. Please share your experiences for Baltomore with us. Also, I will be changing my residence from April 04 2004. I will file AR-11 for us. But my question is, since there is a lag time betwen filing AR-11 and actual change of address by BCIS, should I tell the officer (when I go for stamping at Baltimore) about the new address ? If I do so will they send the green cards at the new address ? Please share experiences.

I would like to thank you all for the support, implicit or explicit, that you provide for each other. Last but not least I would like to thank (actually I cannot thank him enough) Rajiv Khanna for providing such a great support for all members fo this community. Kudos to you Rajiv. People of your character are rare. Thanks a lot.
Congrats

Congrats..

Enjoy the free life. Did you file for anything like AP etc.. which could have triggered this? Mine is also Oct RD with Nov ND. Let's see..

allthebest:

My EAC starts with EAC03. I messed up while creating the username for this forum. Probably thats the reason for your question.

TheEP:

I did not file for anything. Actually I was about to file for my 3rd EAD but fortnately don't have to do so now. Saved me some bucks.

india1972:

Actually after we sent the I-485 application, we did not receive the fingerprint notices for 3 months. But we still waited a couple of months. Then in late March 2003 or early April 2003 we decided to talk to the INS. We talked to them, I think, once in March and then again in April about the non-issuance of fingerprint notices. The person said (both times) that she will make sure that notices are issued. Then the notices came in June for the date mentioned (July 07 2003). We went on the scheduled date for fingerprints. So thats the story. I hope that answers your question.