Registered Users (C)
Talked to an IIO
PD 07/98
ND/RD 12/99
2nd FP 10/2001
Assigned 01/07/2002
AD 01/10/2002 (AVM not updated)
SRC #SRC 00-061

Thanks a lot for all the support. wish u all the best..

-k7n

This Message is for K7N

Hi,

In your earlier posting you said you had contacted Congress Man to get your FP expedited. After doing that did you talk to any of the IIO\'S at the TSC and got this answer,

"I CANNOT GIVE YOU ANY INFORMATION BECAUSE YOU HAD GONE TO A CONGRESS MAN. IN THE FUTURE CONTACT YOUR CONGRESS MAN FOR YOUR CASE INFORMATION. WE CANNOT GIVE YOU ANY ANSWERS".

This was the answer that I got from an IIO when I contacted them to get my case status info. Is this true.

"HOPE THEY DON\'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT NOW" ????

What do you mean by that??? Is it right to contact a congress man or not (Well I already did that). Did any one get the same answer from the IIO that I got today. This is strange what if I contacted a congress man to expedite my case, why can\'t they give my case status info.

Well you are the one to decide

if it is right to contact a Congressman. If you are not sure, ask your lawyer. It depends very much on your current situation. My case has been pending since 11/99 while I see approvals for early 2001 and TSC is processing 03/01/2000 cases officially. I faxed my Senator about my case after consulting my lawyer. But I believe they are yet to take an action and in the meantime my case got assigned to an Officer today.

Message for Gopi

I contacted congressman Dick Armey.
Also I signed a letter allowing their office to look into my case details from INS. They(Armey\'s office) gave me Nov 25th the date by which I would be refingerprinted. It happened. Then they gave me a date Feb 16th by which I would have my approval. That also happened.

During this period I used to talk to INS (at least 4 times). They never made the statement that u mentioned. Probably this is something new or the specific IIO did not want to give info.

If u need any more info please give ur contact no. or details and I can get in touch with you.

Good luck
k7n

Message to K7N

Thanx for the Info. I guess so may be either this is new or the IIO that I talked to. But one thing is for sure, it is easy to contact your congressman than the TSC(to hear all kinds of -ve answers).

Yes, a little bit of bad luck

First of all we applied in EB3 instead of EB2, The first two stages (Labor and 140) went like breeze. Took only two months. But after we applied 485 the priority dates went back and became current only in March 2001 for EB3. Meanwhile my FP expired and got the 2nd FP notice in October 2001. Only now the case got assigned to an Officer.

EB2s are definitely is processed on priority by the INS. That\'s why most of the approvals for late 2000 filers are for EB2 and not EB3.

You will see a lot of EB3 folks who had to do their 2nd FP and not one EB2 who had to do a refingerprinting. I think AILA should do something about this.